Chapter 24 Plan

Kassidy opened her eyes, confused at first as to why she was in the dark but then she remembered. She groaned as she tried to adjust herself to a more comfortable position but that was near impossible. Her arms were bound behind the chair she was sitting in, and they were starting to go numb, or maybe that was a side effect of the drugs they kept injecting in her to shut her up. She raised her throbbing head and looked around the dark room as her eyes adjusted.
"Well look who is awake.."
She hated this voice. Despised it. She growled and pulled at her restraints. The man walked over and tilted her head so she was looking at him.
"Are you ready to talk yet, love?"
"What the fuck am I supposed to tell you?!" Kassidy demanded
"You can tell us where Will is."
"I don't know where he is." Kassidy said for what felt like the 100th time.
"Oh I doubt that."
"I don't! After he left me, I didn't speak with him."
"Until a few days ago when you asked him to look someone up for you, yeah we saw those messages. Thank you by the way for telling us where you were. It made things so much easier." The man snickered.
"I have nothing to do with whatever Will did to piss you off! Why take me?"
"Because, Will took a lot of money that belonged to me, so I took something of his and maybe. Just maybe if he gives me my money back, I'll return you to him in one piece."
Kassidy glared and spat in the mans face, The man growled and backhanded her so hard he knocked the chair with her in it over. Kassidy's head hit the cement cold floor making her ears ring.
"Looks like its nap time again" The man said.
"No. Please!" Kassidy begged as she felt something stick her in the arm.
"Maybe when you wake up, you'll be more cooperative." The man said, his voice sounded distant and Kassidy felt the chair being pulled back into place. She blinked rapidly and moved her head side to side trying to fight off the inevitable but it was no use.

--------------------------------------

Two days, it had been two incredibly long and nearly sleepless days since Kassidy had been taken. Rogers couldn't remember a time he had ever felt so helpless. Two damn days and he wasn't one step closer to finding her. Is she okay? Are they hurting her? Is she alive? Rogers ran his hands over his face and shook his head. Of course she's alive, they took her for a reason and the only person who knew that reason was nowhere to be found.
"You look like hell." Roni said as she slid a glass of water across the bar at him. Rogers grunted a response and went back to looking over files.
"Still nothing?" Roni asked. Rogers looked up at her and shook his head.
"No, unfortunately not." He sighed heavily and slammed the case folder shut. "You haven't seen Scarlet around here have you?"
"No.. I haven't." Roni sighed. "Look, maybe you should sleep, come back to it with a fresh mind." Roni suggested.
"I will sleep, when she is home and she is safe!" Rogers barked and then sighed. "I'm sorry, Roni...I just feel like this is my fault. I should have listened to Will and gotten her out of here."
" but no one ever listens to Will do they?"
Rogers turned his head and saw Will leaning against the entrance.
"You!" He shouted and stood up. He grabbed Will by the collar of his shirt and held him to the wall. "This is because of you!"
"What is because of me?" Will asked. Rogers stepped back to examine his expression, he looked clueless.
"You..really don't know what's happened do you?" Rogers asked.
"No, I came here because I got a text message from Kassidy telling me to meet her here. Life or death type of thing, only reason I am here."
"I don't know who messaged you but it wasn't Kassidy, Kassidy was taken two days ago by the people you work for!" Rogers shouted.
"Fuck.." Will sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "You should have listened to me! You should have gotten her the hell out of here!"
"What the hell have you gotten into? What have you gotten HER into?"
"Look, I was trying to make things better for her, for us. I worked a huge job. Lots of cash, I was supposed to bring it to the big guy, but I kept it. I wanted to use it, to get Kass and I away from all of this but they found out, they found me and beat the hell out of me, but that wasn't enough, you see the guy I work for he likes to make his message clear and if he has Kass..." Will frowned.
"What? What is he going to do to Kassidy?!" Rogers demanded.
"It's not going to be pretty." Will said. Rogers phone rang from his pocket. He pulled it out and looked at the caller ID.
Kassidy
"I have to take this. You stay here, don't move." Rogers warned.
"Don't worry Detective, he's not going anywhere and if tries he won't get far." Roni said and walked over with her bat glaring at Will.

 Rogers stepped outside and answered the phone.
"Kassi?"
"Try again." A mans voice said through the phone.
"What have you done to her?!" Rogers demanded.
"Nothing too horrible yet, I know you have Scarlet so I'm going to make you a deal."
"What do you want?"
"You bring me Scarlet, and All the money he owes me and I will return Kassidy to you."
"Unharmed?" Rogers asked.
"Well.. mostly." The man chuckled.
"Don't you fucking hurt her!" Rogers yelled.
"Easy Detective, I don't like it when I am threatened."
"Let me talk to her. I want to know she is okay before I do anything for you." Rogers said.
"My word isn't good enough?"
"No, its not."
The man sighed and Rogers heard footsteps on the other end.
"Wakey Wakey." The man said. Rogers heard a muffled groan.
"Speak." The man instructed.
"Hello?" Kassidy's groggy voice came over the speaker.
"Kass??"
"James?!" Kassidy cried.
"Yeah, its me love. Are you hurt?"
"Nothing more than I can handle Detective." Kassidy replied but Rogers could tell by her tone she was terrified.
"I promise you, its going to be okay. I'm going to help you." Rogers promised.
"Don't do anything crazy James. Please these men.. They don't fuck around... No! Wait!" She yelled as the phone was pulled away from her.
"You are officially on the clock Detective. Bring me Scarlet, and my money in two hours to the address I am about to text you. Just the two of you, no one else. Failure to do as instructed will result in bad things for the blonde. If you want her back, and not in pieces you will do exactly as I say."
"Listen to me you son of a bitch if you lay one fucking hand o-"
"Ah! I told you I do not like to be threatened, Here is some motivation for you to start moving."
Rogers heard a electric crackling sound and then a blood curdling scream from Kassidy.
"STOP!" He shouted. "I'll get you, whatever you want. Just stop hurting her!"
"You have two hours. Get me what I want, or I kill her."
And with that the line went dead. His phone pinged and he looked down at the address and saved it into his gps before walking into the bar.
"What was that?" Roni asked.
"It was instructions, to bring Will, and the money he owes within two hours..Or he'll kill her." Rogers replied.
"Oh my God.." Roni sighed and looked at Will. "You should have stayed gone! Now look at what you've done!"
"I didn't know this would happen!" Will shouted back.
"We don't have time for this! We have two hours to get him exactly what he wants or Kassidy dies!" Rogers yelled. "So get the money, and lets go!"
"Theres.. A bit of a problem there mate." Will sighed.
"What?" Rogers asked.
"I..don't have the money anymore."
"What?!" Rogers asked again. "Where did It go?!"
"I spent it." Will said and then ducked out of the way before Rogers fist could connect with his skull.
"How much?!" Rogers demanded.
"Half a mil." Will sighed.
"You spent.. Half a million dollars?! On what??"
"I told you, I was trying to secure a new life for Kassidy and I, but you came in with your white horse and what not and swept her off her feet."
"Oh, you mean I didn't tell her I loved her and then left her? Huh. Imagine that." Rogers spat.
"Guys. Come on. Focus!" Roni sighed. "If anything happens to her I'll kill you both, how's that?"
"What do we do?" Will asked.
"We come up with a new plan and you. You are coming with me." Rogers said.
"Keep me updated." Roni said.
"Aye. I will." Rogers replied.
"And Rogers.." Roni said as he was dragging Will outside.
"Yea?" Rogers asked.
"Bring her home." Roni said.
Rogers nodded.
"Aye."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"You can't be serious." Weaver said and pinched the bridge of his nose. "There is no way you are doing this without some form of back up."
"If I go with back up, they will kill her instantly!" Rogers barked. "I am not letting that happen."
"So what is your plan then? March in there and save the day?" Weaver asked.
"Will is going to go in as a distraction while I sneak in the other way and get Kassidy. I know this building."
"Okay, so what happens to Will? You can't just sacrifice him for Kassidy! I understand you've got feelings for her Detective, but you are making this too personal. There is more than one life at stake." Weaver explained.
"I can handle myself." Will said. "I have my own ways of dealing with them and I always come out of it alive."
"Your ways of dealing with them, Mr. Scarlet is how we ended up in this situation. I am telling you.. There is no way you two can pull this off. You are going to need backup." Weaver said
"How do we get backup without them knowing we are doing it?" Rogers asked.
"Myself and some of our men will be at a safe spot a few blocks away. We will set up radios that they won't be able to tap into, so if anything goes wrong you can let us know and we can help. This is a delicate matter, and if not done properly, not only could Kassidy end up killed both of you could as well, and I am not willing to let that happen. We do it my way and no one gets hurt." Weaver said.
"Fine. if you think this is better, we do it. But we need to move now, we only have an hour. I want an ambulance, and fire on stand by. We do this now." Rogers said and looked at Will.
"Lets go."