Chapter 38

Dumbledore's Army gathers one last time before the Holidays. We all spread around the room, working on the spells Harry has taught us over the past few weeks.

Everyone is still on edge about someone revealing to Umbridge about our meetings but for now, we are safe and still hidden.

I stand paired up with Cho, next to Neville and the Patil twins. I motion for Cho to disarm me, and she says out loud, "Expelliarmus!" My old wand that I had given Harry was brought back in order for people to practice. I thought he would have gotten rid of it, but he kept it in a crook in the Room of Requirement for this purpose.

Harry passes by us as Cho successfully casts the spell, and they make eye contact, causing both of their faces to tint pink. I smirk at the pair, knowing it is a matter of time before they admit their feelings for one another.

Harry then walks over to Neville who more confidently casts Expelliarmus than he has in the past. Pavarti's wand flies out of her hand, falling to the floor immediately. The room suddenly grows quiet at this, all glancing at Neville in shock.

We all clap and cheer for Neville, happy that he is finally able to hold his own since he actually believes in himself now. Harry pats Neville on the back before making his way to the middle, followed by Ron and Hermione.

Everyone in the room turns their attention to the trio as Harry speaks up, "So that's it for this lesson. We won't be meeting again until after the holidays, so just keep practicing on your own. Well done everyone! Great work."

Applause fills the room as we proudly praise our teacher. In a moment, people start exiting the room. I notice Cho go over to a mirror by the wall that contains a picture of Cedric. In the reflection, I see tears form in her eyes and I feel for her losing her love.

My eyes then peer over to Harry, watching Cho with worry and care. The room is almost empty, yet the twins go over to talk to Harry. I quickly walk up and grab both of their arms, "Fred, George we have important matters to discuss."

They both complain to me as I drag them away for Harry but don't say a word. Instead, I shoot Harry a wink as we exit the Room of Requirement, leaving Cho and Harry alone.

Once we leave, the twins cross their arms over their chests with their noses in the air. I wave them off, "You two are cockblockers you know that?" They start to argue and I talk over them, "That was rhetorical, come on." They finally quiet down and we head back to our respective dorms to sleep before the big event tomorrow night.

--------------

I stand in front of my mirror in my bathroom, twisting my hair back into a somewhat messy bun.

I decide to wear a little black dress with nude heels that are not extremely tall, knowing that I can't turn down a dance. Dumbledore said to dress classy, so this is the best that I can do. My makeup is done, so I exit my room and the dungeons to make my way to the event.

My heels click as they hit the stone floor, but my mind wanders to think of who the guests may be and what I can expect. My stomach feels queasy for some reason, feeling a knot forming in the pit of my stomach.

I shake it off as needing some blood though. I forgot to drink blood before the event, so I push the feelings away since I am strong enough to overlook my hunger.

From afar, I can hear jazzy background music traveling through the Great Hall. As I get closer to the Great Hall, the chatter is prevalent as well. I make it to the entrance to see the professor's table removed in order to make a stage type structure.

There are small high tables around the room for people to mingle and stand with others while there is some open space in the middle of the room, presumably for dancing.