Chapter Fourty: You almost won**'

Beyonce

       I looked at Carter surprised of what just exited his mouth. "How do you know that for sure?" I asked scratching the base of my neck. He kept sliding his index finger up and down my back. "When you left to go home I was still at work and I saw her enter your office and walked back out with a tape recorder."

I just kept watching him. "Did you tell her anything?" He nodded. "Of course, I also dropped her as a patient for the company and even though she has the tape recorder it doesn't prove that the two people in the room was us."

My mind flashed back to the conversation that happened between me and Carter when Sharon was gone...

I turned off the cameras and looked at him. "Yeah?" I asked. He growled and sat in the chair. "She just walked into my office telling me to get ready for court along with you."

I sighed and shrugged. "We were expecting it weren't we?" I said. He nodded. "One person for the day and I'm already stressed out."

I sat on his lap facing him and he gripped my waist sitting back. "You have no idea how I'm grateful of you.." he whispered. I just shrugged and placed my hands on his shoulders. "You need to relax. Don't let her get to you.."

He sighed. "Can I come over tonight?" he asked. I let out a soft sigh and looked at him. "Normally when you say that I end out worn out in the morning."

He did a soft chuckle. "I just want to lay with you and tell you some secrets." he said. "Secrets?" I asked. He passed his hands on his head. "Yeah.."

I shrugged, "I'll try to get Kelly out the house."

He gave me a reassuring smile. "I love you." he whispered. I passed my hands all the way around his neck. "I love you too." I was expecting a peck but he gripped my bottom lip bringing me back unto his lips.

Flashback Over**

"Carter, that's impossible. We talked about literally everything." I whispered. He sighed and wrapped an arm around my waist before laying his lips on it. "Beyonce, we still got this."

"How? She has proof on her own." He just looked at me and sighed. "She broke into your office. We still got this." he said repeating his last words over. I caught on to his idea and laid down next to him. He started to trail his finger up and down my waist again.

"So you're going to file a report on her?" I asked. He nodded. "Already did."

"Okay, so what will she do about the tape recorder?" I asked. He clenched out his jaw and kept passing his finger up and down my waist making me shiver. "Most likely she'll still use it."

I sucked my teeth and he chuckled. "I'm kidding. She will not be able to use it if she broke into your office to get it. You can tell a good old lie and say it's yours. The police will take it from her and give it to you."

"So, when do I have to go to the police station?" I asked. He chuckled again. "Sharon is there right now. We can head over there."

"Let's go." I said getting off of the bed and grabbing a pair of shorts along with a vest. I took socks and placed on my jordan slippers.

He got off the bed and I placed my hair in a high pony tail. "Let's go." I said. We walked out to the living room and he placed on his shoes. He grabbed his keys but left his other things. He looked at my neck. "You still have that chain on don't you." 

I chuckled and gave him a smile. "Want it back?" I asked. He smiled. "It looks good on you, but watch where your going with that. Someone might know what type of chain that is and might grab it from your neck."

I unpinned the chain and dropped it in my pocket. He laughed and we walked to the car.

****

We both got out of the car and walked into the police station that she was in. I walked up to the desk and saw a couple people on the side taking Mug Shots. I shivered a bit and Carter took my hand before talking to the lady.

 "Excuse me we came to confirm the items that Sharon Smith stole in one of Carter's Hospitals."

She looked up at Carter and gasped. "Aren't you Shawn Carter!? Isn't that your wife!?" Me and Carter sucked out teeths at the same time. "Yes and no."

"The officer's are asking her a few questions." she said. "Can you please tell me which room their doing that in?" he asked. "Room 3." she responded. "Thanks." he said before grabbing my hand and rushing me through the room with the cells. I looked at him as he bursted through a door.

We ended up inside a room filled with stairs. He seemed like he knew this place because he pulled me through the stair case.

He knocked on a door that said "Questions in Session" He sucked his teeth and opened the door. We both ended up inside the room and Sharon was hand cuffed in the chair. The officers smiled at him and he smiled back. He took a seat and placed me in the seat next to him.

"This is the young lady who works in the office that Sharon broke into." he said. The officers nodded and one of them looked at me up and down. If it wasn't Carter that was next to me I'd already run away.

"What's your name?" the officer asked. "I'm Beyonce."

He nodded. "Beyonce, is it true that Sharon stole something from your office?"

I nodded and he glued his eyes on mine. "What was the object?"

I crossed my legs. "I know exactly how my office was before I left and Mr. Carter called me telling me how my office had been broke into. Of course I rushed over there and I did not find my tape recorder." I said. They both looked at me and Carter. Sharon didn't say a thing. That was unusal.

The officer dug into his desk and pulled out a silver tape recorder. "This is the recorder that we found when we checked her." he said.

I nodded. "It's that one."

He walked over to me and handed it to me. I turned it on and placed it by my ear. I heard the kissing noises and turned it off before placing it into my pocket. Sharon huffed and me and Carter stood up.

"Is that all?" he asked. Me and Carter nodded. "Thank you" I said. "Anything for a friend of Shawn. But, Mr. Carter what punishment do you think we should put her on?"

Carter had a smirk on his face. "Don't give her much. Just give her house arrest because we have a court date with her." he said before walking out.

I did a small chuckle and walked out with him. Carter placed his arm around my neck. "You need to hang with me more often." he said. I laughed. "Boy, my life is based on you. Literally."

He looked at me. "Is that true?

I rolled my eyes and walked through the back door of the prison. Carter lifted me off of my feet. "You didn't answer my question."

I held his shoulders. "Put me down..." I said laughing. "Why should I?"

"Because you will drop me." He laughed. "You calling me weak?" he asked. I laughed and held unto him tighter. "No, but I'm not calling you strong"

He threw me up in the air and caught me in mid air. My eyes opened wide and I yelped. "Don't do that!" I hissed slapping his shoulder. He threw me up again and caught me again. I ringed his ears and he laughed. "Okay..Okay! I'm sorry!" He placed me back down and I rolled my eyes. "You know you're heavy anyways." He said.

I looked at him and bent my neck placing my hands on my hips. He stopped walking and watched me back.

I rolled my eyes and he started walking towards me. I walked backwards and soon this ended up to running. I ran away and he started running after me too. He gripped my shoulder and turned me around making me face him. "Leave..Me..Alone.." I said panting. He rolled his eyes and passed his hand around my shoulder. "Don't ever make me chase for what's mines again."

I was attempting to run again but something told me he was serious so I stayed. He took out his keys and we entered the car.

 ******

Let's be real Sharon. Obviously Carter and Beyonce are too smart for you baby.