47

Ethan Junior's POV

Zenia and I got into the car and drove to my parents' house. Mom had requested us for dinner. It was always like Mom to request her family's presence and catch up on our lives since we were apart.

Evan, Jasmine and Jevan had already arrived when we got there. I led Zenia to the dinning room area.

"EJ, Zenia. You made it," Mom greeted us and pulled us into her arms.

"Hi Mom."

"Hello, Mrs. Hollen."

"Call me Emma, sweetie," Mom gestured to Zenia.

We gathered around the table and began dinner. Dad started talking about his 'school days' and what he did after graduating from high school. According to him, he got high for the first time.

After laughing and airing out some secrets, one of my father's security guards kindly interrupted us.

"Sir, ma'am, I'm sorry to interrupt, but there's a gentleman at the gate to see Mrs. Hollen."

"Who is he?" my mother asked.

He hesitated but then found the courage to speak up. "He claims he's your father."

Mom's fork dropped to the floor and her mouth opened with surprise. Her entire body language was on pause. Dad looked at her, and so did everyone else in the room.

My mother had been abandoned by her birth parents since birth. She grew up in foster homes and group homes and had been treated badly all her childhood.

"I'll meet him," Dad said and got up from his chair. He followed the security guard outside.

The atmosphere in the room became heavy and uncomfortable. 

I circled Zenia's waist and watched the door with undivided attention.

After five long minutes, Dad walked back in and a other man followed very close behind. He was a dark-skinned man with no traces of black hair on his head. He looked as if he was rapidly approaching seventy, but he still had a solid body structure to him.

Mom's eyes teared up and she held her chest as she lowered her head to the surface of the table. Regaining her composure, she got up and stood in front of him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I heard her ask.

"I couldn't Emma."

She threw her arms around him and he returned the hug. Mom's shoulder shook from the sobbing. 

We were all confused.

"Mom, have you met this man already?" Evan asked, narrowing his eyes suspiciously.

Mom nodded. "Yes, I did."

"Why did you never say anything?" Dad asked.

"Because I didn't know at the time Ethan, but now it all makes sense to me. You spared my life because you're actually my father." She hugged him again.

"Did I missed something?"

"Ethan, there's something I didn't tell you." She offered her father a seat, but she remained standing. "Remember when I was taken away?" 

Dad nodded his head and his eyes turned sad.

"Well, I was first found by this man and he saved me."

"Saved you how?" I asked.

"It's alright Emma. Go ahead and tell them. I'm a changed man now."