36

Zenia's POV

"Fucking Madison, EJ! Are you kidding me?" I furiously asked as I got into his office.

He was at the computer, typing on the keyboard. His eyes traveled to me and he appeared to be afraid of answering.

"So you're not going to answer me? After everything you said about her: 'Oh she's just a friend', 'We've known each other since preschool', 'There's nothing between me and her' and 'She's not my type', that was a pile of bullshit because you're dating her now!"

"Well, unlike you, she understands me and listens to my every word. I don't have to worry because I know where I stand with her." He stood up and walked slowly towards me.

"Don't you dare fucking get closer to me," I warned. My heart had already gone out the window, and I was beginning to hate him.

"Zen, I did say that we can be friends. It's much better that way for you and I."

"Yeah. The last time you said that, you pinned me against a door and fucked me. What type of friends are we really? Friends with benefits? I don't need that in my life." I stepped backwards as he got closer. 

His eyes were cold and mischievous, a sly smirk displaying on his lips.

"Zen, I'm sorry. You know I've never meant to hurt you."

"But you did! Of all people, why Madison?"

He ran his fingers through his hair and let out a deep sigh. "I don't know. She's there for me when I need someone and she understands me. She's a real friend."

"Friend? Aren't you touching her?"

He shoved his hands into his pockets then went back to his desk and began typing on his computer again.

"I asked you a question EJ!" My voice rose.

He continued to ignore me.

"I'm leaving," I said.

"Have a nice day. I'll see you soon."

"No, you won't. I'm leaving America in the next three days. I'm going to England with Anton."

His eyes latched onto me and grew darker. His hands balled up into fists and his jaw tightened.

"Excuse me?" he asked and slowly rose off his chair. "You're going where with who?" His tone was serious.

I swallowed the regret of telling him.

"To England with Anton." I stood my ground.

"To hell you are. You're not going anywhere Zenia and I mean it!"

"Are you going to stop me?" I turned on my heel and opened the door. 

His hand wrapped around my wrist and he slammed the door shut in my face before I could step out.

"Where do you think you're going? To see that British boy?"

"Let go of me EJ!" I cried as his hold got tighter on my wrist.

"I said, you're not going anywhere!"

"You can't tell me what to do. I'm not yours anymore!" I yelled back at him. 

He released my hand.

"Okay fine. Bon voyage." He went back to his computer once more and I felt stupid. 

For some strange reason, I wanted him to continue. Just him being close to me and touching me was awaking all the cells in my body.

"EJ..." I began.