7

Zenia's POV

We landed the two magazines Monday afternoon. Ashley and I were in the best of moods for the remainder of the day.

"I have an idea. We need to celebrate this! A guy I've been stalking is throwing a house party tonight for one of his friends. We can go if we want to."

"No, Ashley. I'm not about to go to a party on a Monday night. We got work in the morning, girl."

"Oh, please, Zen. It would be fun, and we need to celebrate this."

"No! We can celebrate this weekend."

"The excitement will be gone by then. We need to do this now, plus, I'm dying to see Alex. He's so damn fine!"

She was holding onto me like a kid begging for a lollipop at the supermarket.

"Okay, fine! We'll go, but for three hours, tops!"

"Sure, sure, sure. Be ready by eight!"

It was the end of the day. Ashley had already left. I locked up, armed the security system, turned off the lights and central air, and went to catch a cab.

At 8:00 p.m., I was already dressed. Ashley picked me up with her sister's car and drove us to this house party. It was about an hour drive.

There was a huge guy standing at the door. We told him who we were and used Alex's name to get in.

"There he is! There he is!" Ashley pointed to a very handsome looking guy with a fair complexion. He wore all black and looked like the typical 'bad boy'.

"He is mighty fine," I told her.

"Yesss. I know," she squealed.

"Well, go over and talk to him."

"No! I can't! I don't think I'm his type."

"Why you say that?" I hated guys who thought that they're too good for us black women.

"Because I was looking at his Facebook page, and there pictures of him and a bunch of different women, but not one of them was black. I don't think he likes black girls." She had a little sadness in her eyes when she said that, but it quickly disappeared, like a puff of smoke, when we sat the bar.

One shot led to another and another. I even drank Ashley's drinks.

"You're driving tonight, bitch!" I told her, taking a shot of tequila and throwing it down my throat.

My mind went back to EJ and Madison. Madison had just waltz back into his life and disturbed things between us. Why did she even had to come back?

"Am I crazy or is Alex looking at us?" I heard Ashley asking. The room was spinning like a merry-go-round.

"Huh?" I asked as I started dancing to Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow".

I heard EJ's voice, but I couldn't locate him in the spinning room. Then, I felt something cold blowing against my skin, and I woke up the following morning on my couch.

How did I get home?

The sun's rays streamed through the sheer curtains and lightened up the room and my face. I rolled off the couch and went to use the bathroom. I knew I drank a lot last night, I even smelled of the liquor, but I didn't have a hangover. That was surprising.

I took a shower, dried off my skin, lotioned it, slipped on my underwear then a short hot pink pants, which hugged my booty, and a black crop top. I threw on my black and white air-max and light makeup on my face. I combed my Brazilian into a slick ponytail then put on a pair of silver large hoop earrings.