Caretaker Part 4

This is not my own story. The original story goes to hogablah02 ( https://hogablah02.deviantart.com/ ).

(Picture goes to Sinrin8210https://sinrin8210.deviantart.com/art/Anchovy-s-suit-592067858 )

I rolled my eyes and she led me out to the kitchenette area where breakfast was already all laid out. Sitting at the table, was Elandris. I frowned, and did a double-take, looking at the Elandris standing beside me, and the one at the table.

"Wait, why are there two of you?"

"Making extra corporeal bodies isn't too difficult. It does take a lot of concentration to manage two bodies at once though." The Elandris at the table replied. The Elandris standing beside me suddenly vanished in a puff of smoke. "That's much better."

"So you were making breakfast while massaging me, huh?" I giggled, and sat down to eat breakfast. I considered asking her to feed me so I could play games, but decided against it. I should probably take some time to get to know her a little better, over breakfast. Though, it didn't seemed like she ate.

"Yes. It's nothing really special. I can create multiple corporeal bodies, but controlling them all can be a strain, so I don't do it often. Any more than two would be a stretch." Elandris explained.

"So what happens if you make more than two?" I asked, before scooping up a mouthful of eggs.

"Oh, nothing, I just can't simultaneously control that many bodies. So the ones I'm not controlling would just go limp when I'm not actively doing anything with them."

"Ah." I muttered, with my mouth full. Elandris made some damn great scrambled eggs. I swallowed. "Hey, could you make me an extra body?"

"Hmm." Elandris frowned, pausing to think for a bit. I watched her expectantly. "I don't know if I could, but I'm not sure if you'd be able to control it anyway. Normal mortals consciousness' aren't usually able to be spread that far."

"Boo. Couldn't you at least try me?" I pouted.

"Alright." Elandris said, cautiously. "I'd need some time to think up a way to do it though. I've never done something like this before."

"Is it... dangerous?" The tone in her voice made me a little nervous. She never talked so seriously. Except for that lecture about my fashion choices.

"It won't be if I get it right." Elandris smiled. "But that's why it'll take awhile."

"Okay, well let me know when you're ready." I said, munching on some hash browns. "In the meantime, I guess I'll just play some games." I paused for a bit. "Elandris, have you ever played any video games before?"

"Hm? No. I had no idea this technology even existed. The last time I was out of my lamp, computers hadn't even existed yet." Elandris replied.

"Whoah." I briefly remembered her mentioning getting the Play-Doh idea from her last master. That explained a lot. "How come you weren't all surprised by technology and everything?"

"When you've existed for as long as I have, such things stop being surprises. The advances of a couple centuries or so are fairly trivial. Also, we genies are given rudimentary knowledge of the era when we're summoned." Elandris gave a cryptic grin. "And besides, magic is more entertaining anyway."

It was hard to disagree with that. I set down my knife and fork, finished her delicious breakfast. "Well, would you like to play some video games with me today? I don't have much in the way of multi-player games but..."

"I'm afraid I wouldn't know at all what I'm doing." Elandris replied.

"Rudimentary knowledge, huh." I muttered to myself.

CaretakerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara