I'm glad I found you

>>Hi! I just wanted to say that I really recommend you listen to the songs, I just love them, and then you know what they're talking about :). Oh, and I'm sorry this one is so short. I just wanted to keep the angst and fluff seperate...<<

Two days later you spent the entire day at my house. We read my books, you drew me as I drank my coke and we talked about the stars. My father wasn't home so we had to make our own dinner.

"Do you listen to any music, Keith?"

"Not really, Lance."

You smiled as I said your name. "Want to know what my favorite songs are?"

"Sure."

"They're old songs, though. I don't know if you know them."

"That's okay." I liked listening to you anyway.

And as I filled a pan with water and dumped our rice in it, you started to sing. I should've expected it, but somehow I didn't. But, you could sing. Like, really good. You started with a song you said was called Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang and was written in 1976. A lifetime ago. I thought it already sounded like something you'd like.

"Starry nights, sunny days, I always thought that those should be that way."

And as the water slowly got warm I listened to your voice and watched as you danced through the kitchen.

"We gotta wham, bam, shang-a-lang in the sha-la-la-la-la-la, babe."

At one point you had dragged me away from the stove. Your hands were on my hips mine on your biceps. We leaned our foreheads together, eyes closed as you sang about major Tom, lost in space. Ground control to major Tom.

And I felt just like major Tom. Lost in space. Floating in the most peculiar way. Your eyes were blue, and there was nothing I could do. I touched the skin under your ear, where the black ink of the tattoo stood forever on you skin. You hummed, hands tracing a circle on my hip where my own sat.

You sang other songs too. Like, The Power Of Love. About how the power of love is strong in a sudden, cruel sometimes. But how it might save your life. It might make you sad, it might make you mad, but in the end, you'll be glad when you found it.

And Huey Lewis was right, I was glad I had found it. 

>>Also, sorry this is a day late. I went to see Love, Simon yesterday. And I was kinda emotionally weak after season six and some shitty things that happened Friday. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter? We're coming close to the end of this fic, there are only three more chapters left after this one<<