Meeting good boy's family

Asher decided he wanted to pick me up from the library and bring me to his church. Why in hell would I go to church when I could be studying something other than the bible? He sends me a message letting me know he had arrived outside the library. I step out of my seat and put all my books back into my bag. I swing my backpack strap over my shoulder and walk out of the library. My eyes scanned the lot to see if I could catch a glimpse of his... JEEP! Wow! Good boy has a nice ride! He is standing against the door looking for me. He walks over and we meet midway. We jumped in the car and Asher blasted his gospel music: Chris Tomlin, Jeremy Camp, and Casting Crowns. Good boy has a pretty good voice.

We arrived to his church and he parked. We walked up to the hall doors for bible study.

NOTES: Asher has bible study on Fridays at 7pm.

Everybody is gathered around the table full of food and they chatted about how their lives are going. They talk about the miracles God has worked for them. A voice comes over the intercom stating that there we all had half an hour more before bible study started. Oh joy.

I turn my head to see a little girl around the age of 7 or 8 run over to Asher and hug tightly. He picks her up and introduces us.

"Ally this is Valerie. Can you say hi?"

"Hi Valerie. I'm ally. Do you want to come over later and watch Beauty and the Beast?" Ally says with a cute smile that makes it hard to say no to her.

"Hi Ally. I don't think I am doing anything later. What should we do for our little movie night?" I say goofing around with her.

"Make tea and -."

"POPCORN!" We both say together

Ally giggles and then we see Asher's parents walk over.

"Hey son." His dad says pulling his son into a hug. His mom simply said hello and kissed him on his cheek.

"Who is this beautiful lady Ash?" His mother asks

"V-" I started to say

"Valerie." Ally says with the same hopeful tone as her older brother.

"Nice to meet you Valerie." Both of his parents say. (Not at the same time)

"Nice to meet you to Mr and Mrs. Smith."

Asher casually smiles to me. I start to smile back and then we start to walk over to our seats.

"Where did you pick her up son?" Asher's dad asks him.

"School." He says laughing.

Then they came and sat down next to me. Father asked us to get the bible from under our seats and turn to John 3:16. I did as I was told and read the verse.

"Can someone read it out loud?" Father scans the room to see who to choose. "How about the new angel. Step up please."

Asher gives me a nudge to stand up.

"Please read the verse Ms...."

"Valerie." I slightly smile. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life." My voice slowly faded on the last few words. I suddenly felt this weird enlightenment. I read my life in one sentence. Sort of.

NOTES: God has planned something for me and I want to know what.