Hugo.

Guess who finally updated?! This gal! Sorry for the wait. Graduating high school does that to people. Now I'm off to college in August and I'm sure since I don't party I'll be uploading more. Anyone SIUC18 ? 😁 let me know.

Without further ado.....

Hugo

"Kagome....?"

"................." Someone was calling my name.

"Kagome..."

"................." That voice.

"Kagome...."

"?????" Kikyo?

"Kagome.... It's time to wake up."

"Hmmmm...??" I mumbled not wanting to leave the sweetness of sleep.

"Wake up Kagome."

"Mmmmm." I felt my eyes flutter. Refusing to leave the comfort of sleep.

"WAKE UP, KAGOME!"

My eyes flew open too fast and I wildly looked around the damp cave.

The only thing my unadjusted eyes could catch sight of was a blur of red, white and black. When my eyes finally adjusted I saw that the cave was empty and it was the middle of the day.

"AH! I overslept!" I gathered my dried clothing and dressed and then rushed out of the cave to hopefully try to catch up and make a full day of travel in a half of a day.

"Good thing I had that dream alarm clock." I said aloud.

"Great. Now you're talking to yourself, Kagome. That's the first sign of insanity. Not that you need any signs." I mumbled as I walked briskly west.

I checked the sun to see what time it was.

"Awww! I'm way behind schedule!"

Realizing that aside from missing breakfast I was also missing training.

"Well I guess I could miss a day of training to regain land." I planned.

My hand began to tingle and I knew that it would not let me miss training. Sighing I walked on until I was met with a clearing.

"Perfect." My tingling hand seemed to agree.

"Okay, Kagome. Here you go."

I cleared my mind of everything and let it go completely blank, not letting in emotions, memories or even thoughts. I took a deep breath and let the caged energy inside me flow. Letting nature bond with my mind I focused my energy into my hands. Opening my eyes I looked around until I found a large piece of wood shaped like it once fitted into a home long ago.

I let the warm tingle pulsate throughout my hands and I pushed it towards the wood, hitting it spot on. I controlled the energy so that instead of destroying the wood it surrounded it. Pulling on the energy more I let it touch the wood and cover it completely. The wood stayed intact. Focusing my hardest I started to pull the energy back towards me. The energy started to flow slowly back towards me and I felt the warmth of it enter me again.

A small gasp broke through the silence of the air, completely breaking my concentration.

"Agh!" I grunted as I lost control of the energy and it shot from me, obliterating all the trees in the clearing and heading for every living thing in sight, including the man that broke my concentration.

I fought for control of the energy, focusing entirely and struggling. I dropped to one knee as I closed my eyes and focused every cell in my body on bringing the energy back.

I felt the energy stop it's attack and return to my body slowly. My body temperature warmed and I felt the beads of perspiration run down my face, crashing to my hands.

Once I regained the energy completely, I stayed immobilized for a moment longer gathering myself. I stood and looked in the direction I felt the man. He was standing too, brushing off dirt.

The first thing I noticed was his aura. It wasn't something I've come across before and I couldn't place it. I immediately grew defensive.

"Who are you!" I demanded, hand already on my bow and arrow. The man was unphased as he walked closer to me.

"You're too close!" I warned, aiming my arrow at him.

"My name is Hugo." The man announced, stopping a yard away.

"What do you want?" I questioned, not letting up on my defense.

"Your power is amazing." He said, ignoring my question.

"What do you want?" I reiterated.

"I want to help." He answered stepping closer.

"Not another step!" I stretched the string of my bow to emphasize my point. "I don't need any help."

"What's your name?" Hugo asks, not advancing anymore.

"Why?" I asked. What does this strange man want? Is it a trap?

"Well I like to know the names of the people I help." He replied grinning.

"I said I do not need help." I replied annoyed.

"Doesn't mean I won't give it." He said, his grin morphing into a smirk.

Annoyed I lowered my arrow and began to walk in the direction my hand was directing me, done with the conversation.

"So where are you going." Hugo asked, walking along side me.

"Don't know." I replied with a sigh.

"Really? I just want to help." Hugo said. not believing my answer.

"No, really. I don't know where I'm going." I replied, keeping my eyes forward but my senses open in case of a threat.

"Are you lost?" He asked, looking at me.

"Nope." I replied, looking sideways to gauge his reaction.

Wasn't people suppose to pretend like they knew where they were going especially when they were alone? How to not get kidnapped 101?

"You must be on an adventure." He said, air in his voice.

"Yeah, something like that." I said.

"So then you need help to find what it is you seek." He said, his mind sounding already made up.

"No!" I said too quickly. His expression falling a little. I felt bad instantly. I didn't like seeing him sad.

What? I don't even know this man!

"I mean I don't know what I'm looking for and how long it would be until I finally found whatever it is. I'm just training to control my powers." I said, attempting to reassure the sadness that covered his face.

"I see." He said brightening up. "Can I tag along? I can teach you a few things I know?"

Did I really need someone hanging around me? I can't control my powers. He could get hurt! Not to mention I don't know the man! How do I know that he isn't a thief trying to take all of my belongings? Well I don't really own anything besides the clothes on my back............

I looked at the man's smiling face and I just couldn't bear seeing that brightness dim.

No, Kagome. What you can't bear is being alone anymore.

"Yes. You can stay. " I finally responded looking Hugo full in the face noticing how beautiful his grey eyer were. How beautiful he was.

"Great! Can I know your name now?" He asked, hopeful.

"Kagome." I said, walking on.

"Kagome." He stated, tasting my name. "I like that." He said as we both walked on to an adventure unbeknownst to us.