Dumb Jealousy Part 7

JUDY POV:

I wasn't sure how long I was out after Nick carried me from the house and onto the street, but she had slept better and more peacefully then she had in the last week. 

She eventually woke up in a hospital bed with thin light blue blankets and a heavier white one on top of it all. She could hear the clock ticking in a tone that sounded obnoxiously demanding of her. Looking around she could see that the curtains for her room were closed and unlike most hospitals weren't transparent. They were thick to avoid anyone being able to see her from the outside, and were a distinct green color that reminded her of the carrot patches back home in Bunnyburrow. 

Nick slept in an uncomfortable looking chair with dark red rubber cushioning and black metal legs that made an occasional scrape across the white-tiled floor each time he stirred in his sleep. In time he woke up as well and met her gaze with a smile. 

He rose from his seat and lightly embraced her paw in his own. His forehead was covered in a thick white bandage. He wore the same clothes he'd worn when he saved her except his badge was no longer present. His sunglasses were dangling from his vest collar. 

"Your awake Carrots. I'm glad to see it." he told me kindly.

"Thank you for saving me Nick. I really appreciate it." she returned. Nick pulled his chair cloer to her and took a seat. 

"I have to tell you something about me Carrots. I've had a troubled past." he admitted gravely.

"Oh I already know that Nick. You told me about that time you got bullied for being a fox remember? We were in the middle of our first case together."

"No you don't understand Carrots. There's more to it then that." his green eyes became glassy and demanded silence and open ears from the young bunny. "After that incident, my mom took me to a therapist's office downtown."

"That sounds good." he laughed at this.

"Oh boy Carrots your in for a bumpy ride. He molested me." There was a grave silence in the room now. Only the sound of the clock ticking could be heard. Judy leaped up from bed, iv and all and gave Nick the biggest hug that she'd ever given anyone in her life. 

"What happened Nick? Did you tell your mother?"

"No. It happened so many times that I repressed it all. I didn't remember it again until recently. The clocks ticking made me remember the waiting room and how scared I was to let my mother go." he was actually crying now but he looked away from her as he said this. 

"Where's your mom? You can tell her now."

"No I can't. She's just DIED. Just like my father died and just like my brother died."

"Why are you telling me this Nick? I'm just a dumb bunny remember?"

"JUDY." he said while looking directly into her eyes. "You are so much more than just a dumb bunny. I'm much more than just a sly fox. Everyone has their faults and mine was keeping secrets from my partner. Which is why I have to get one last thing off of my chest before they take me away."

Two officers entered the room. One of them a pig and the other a moose. Both clad in larger versions of Nick's uniform except lighter blue and no shades. 

"Why would they take you away Nick?"

"Ronald is dead. I killed him. I didn't mean to I was just trying to get answers." he said with tears streaming down his muzzle. His shaking made his bandages leak blood onto his face. 

"But that's not the point Judy. There's something I wanted to tell you in the back of my head for months now. I was jealous of Ronald I admit. He came to you before I ever foxxed up to do it myself. 

"I love you too Nick." she stated before he could. He smiled at this. He switched the clock off at last. He'd conquered his inner demons at long last.

"You see. I'm a dumb fox and your a sly bunny." he said to her. She tugged him closer for a kiss, a kiss that she had secretly hoped to have for a long time. 

"I love you Nick. Please don't go away. I'll defend you in court. I swear." she promised. Nick kissed her again. 

"I'm glad to have someone like you on my side Judy. I'll see you soon I promise. It's not forever. It's just for right now. I'll be back for you I swear." In an instant, Nick left the room with the police, leaving Judy to her thoughts. 

"I'm in love with a dumb fox." she said to herself with a giggle. "And he loves me back!"

🎉 You've finished reading Dumb Jealousy (Zootopia Fan Fiction Judy Hopps x Nick Wilde) by Maximus Anthony 🎉