Chapter 15

"I have nothing to say to you Misty, you're wasting your time" Leaf calmly stated when I walked up.

I sighed, "Maybe I am, but can't you just hear me out? One shot, one chance, that's all I'm asking."

"Fine."

I breathed a sigh of relief and started thinking of what I was gonna say. The truth, obviously, but I can't help but want to lay it all out on the table. All the things I wanted to say to her but didn't. Daisy always told me to speak with my heart and not my brain, so that's what I'll do.

"I don't know you Leaf and same way vice versa. So I'm not gonna stand here, pretending I do, when I don't. I didn't come here to make enemies or split up long time friends. I came here to learn and possibly make some friends of my own. I don't know why you hate me, but my best guess is Gary, yes? We'll I want to say, I'm sorry. I know what your feeling and I'm truly, deeply sorry I made you feel like that. I don't like Gary, not like that. I'm sorry If I made it seem like I was flirting with him or whatever but I don't and never will like him like that."

I paused to breathe, my eyes flickering between Serena to Leaf before speaking again.

"So I hope you can forgive me, I never wanted this to happen and I hope one day we can be friend's."

I nodded at Leaf and Serena and turned on my heal to leave when Leaf called out, "Misty! Wait!"

A small smile graced my lips as I confidently turned back around to face them.

"Yes?"

"If Gary asked you out....what would you say?" Leaf asked.

"I'd say no" I said without hesitation.

"Why?"

"Because I would choose a friend over a guy anyday. Plus, I only see him as a friend" I answered honestly.

Leaf grinned, "Thanks."

"Welcome."

"And for the record Misty, I don't hate you."

"We'll, that's good to know. See you later?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Great, oh and talk to May, before she rips your head off" Leaf laughed and I winked at her, before walking back to Ash.

"You alright?" Ash asked me when I reached the table.

"I am now, thanks Ash, for everything."

"Anytime, Mist."

~*~

"You what!?" May shrieked.

"I apologized to Leaf at the Cafe, no need to scream" I said, rubbing my ears.

May was just too loud for her own good sometimes, oh how I do worry.

"I did not scream! Why did you talk to her without me?" I sensed some desperation in her voice, like I just betrayed her.

I sighed, "May, it was just something I needed to do on my own, please don't be mad."

"What about me?"

"What about you?" I scrunched up my eyebrows in confusion. Leaf should be the one apologizing to May, not the other way around.

"I don't want to face Leaf alone..."

"May.." My eye's softened, "No one says you have to either, when you want to talk to her let me know and I'll go with you."

She grinned and nodded, "Thanks Mist, so what about Dawn?"

"What about her?" I innocently asked.

"Misty..." She growled.

"May..." I growled back.

"Your gonna have to talk to her."

"Talk to who?" l kept acting oblivious, seeing May's face grow redder and redder by the second.

"Dawn!"

"What about Dawn?"

"Oh Arceus, I give up! Just talk to her soon, okay?"

"Okay" I agreed.

"Oh now you know what I'm talking about.." I heard May grumble. I couldn't help but grin, teasing May was just too fun.

"We should head back to the dorms, I guess we can't go to the waterpark anymore considering what happened" I finally spoke up.

She nodded in agreement, "We have classes tomorrow?"

"Unfortunately."

"Well then, let's go Mist!" She grinned and grabbed my arm, dragging me back to the dorms.

I sighed one last time as I let her drag me. Hopefully Dawn and I can forgive eachother.