Chapter 1: New School New Faces

Juliet's POV:

I got off the bus and sighed. I looked at my new school. It is so much bigger than my last. I already knew I wasn't going to make any friends, I'm not popular. I look down and see my clothing. I'm wearing my favorite Of Mice & Men shirt, a pair of white skinny jeans and a worn out pair of all black converse.

"Hi! I'm Cat! Are you new here? I love your shirt! Saw them in concert a couple months back. How old are you?" The girl that spoke with me smiled, expecting me to speak.

"Oh, hi.. I'm Juliet.. Juliet Spears. I'm fifteen, but I'm a junior. And thanks... I like your All Time Low shirt too." Cat smiled and grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the buses. We walked into the school building. It was so pretty inside.

My mom moved us from Kansas to Nebraska for her new job.

I saw him. It was Johnnie Guilbert. I am in love with his YouTube videos. He goes to MY school? I was mesmerized and I heard Cat say something but I didn't catch it.

"What?" I asked.

"Lemme see your schedule." She said sounding a bit annoyed.

"Oh, yeah." I said as I pulled it out. We ended up only having one class with each other. English.

"So, why are you a junior if you're fifteen?" She asked me.

"I'm a genius, I guess."

After we finished talking she wanted to introduce her friends to me. She pulled me yet again to an unknown location.

"This is Kayla, Jack, Tyler, and Johnnie." I looked up immediately to see Johnnie Guilbert smiling at me.

"Kayla and Jack are a thing and Tyler and I are a thing. Johnnie is just a single blob." She teased.

Johnnie laughed and stared at me. "Can I see your schedule?" He asked me.

"Of course." I said handing it to him.

"Wow! We have every class together! Be sure to sit by me." He said. His cheeks got super red and he chuckled nervously.

"Yeah, I will."

----

After we found our seats in 4th hour he passed me a note. The note said "wanna hang out after school and get some ice cream and go to the arcade." I nodded yes. My mom doesn't care what I do. He smiled at me. The teacher yelled at us to quit talking. We did.

---

After school Johnnie met me at my locker.

"Ready to go, Juliet?" He gave me a cute smile.

"Yeah hold on, lemme put my books up." I shoved almost everything in my locker. I had no homework since it was the first day of school. I slammed my locker and Johnnie and I started toward the door.

"Do you like Zelda?" I asked him as he opened the door for me.

"Duuuuuuh, Wind Waker is the best."

It was hot as fuck outside. We started to walk and I was sweating hardcore because I was nervous on top of being hot. I think Johnnie caught the vibe and handed me some axe. It's better than nothing.

We approached a nice ass Mustang. "It's my roommate's car." He told me. Johnnie opened up the door for me.

----

"What flavor do you want, Jul?" He asked me. He gave me a nickname.. I smiled.

"Birthday cake flavor!" He was really surprised and ordered two birthday cake flavor ice cream cones. I insisted on buying but he wouldn't let me.

After we ordered our ice creams we decided to walk the block to the arcade.

Johnnie grabbed my hand. My eyes opened wide and my reflexes pulled back.

"Um.. Sorry...." He said awkwardly.

"No, do it again." I said winking.

Johnnie grabbed my hand again and this time was expecting it.

"Faggots!" I heard someone call from a car driving by.

I stopped and started to cry. I'm going to get bullied at this school too.

"Oh, no. Juliet. It's my fault. They bully me. You shouldn't hang out with me or you'll get bullied too. I'm so sorry." I started to weep. It wasn't his fault. Johnnie pulled me into a hug and started stroking my hair. "It's okay... It's okay..." He whispered into my ear. I stopped crying but I'm still upset.

"I know what can make you feel better." He told me.

"What?" I asked.

"RACE YOU TO THE ARCADE! LOSER PAYS THE FIRST GAME!" Johnnie took off. I smiled a real smile.

********************************************

HOW WAS IT? SHOULD I CONTINUE?

I LOVE YOU ALL!

-Hannah