By Your Side (Finale)

It's has been months since their wedding and Jin Seon Mi is slowly getting used to her new life - both as a deity and as a married woman.

Every morning when she wakes up she can't help but smile whenever she sees her husband peacefully sleeping and holding her close in his arms. Her heart feels secured and content with him by her side. Sometimes she would trail her fingers on his handsome face - tracing his thick eyebrows, his long eyelashes down to his small dimple under his mouth and he in return would just smile and he would pull her even closer, feeling her warmth against his body. Being in each others arms made them feel secured. No longer having the fear that one of them would be gone or be separated once again.

Since that very day that she had fulfilled her duty as Samjang, and with Son Oh Gong killing the black dragon, the world has gotten a lot peaceful. And though they are not sure until when this peace is going to last, they are not worried because they know that they have each other.

Everyday Jin Seon Mi would cook all of his favorite food as he watches her, admiring her even more as she works her way in their kitchen. Sometimes she and Sa Oh Jeong would exchange recipes that the other could try.

"Jin Seon Mi, if you're this good, you can already put up your own restaurant." Son Oh Gong said when he tasted her latest recipe. Jin Seon Mi smiled as she leaned forward to wipe the sauce on her husband's lips. "Should I?" She asked playfully. "Wah Jin Seon Mi, since getting married you've gotten a lot bolder. Where was the timid Jin Seon Mi who used to get flustered whenever I tease her?" Son Oh Gong said as he holds her hand while looking at her straight to the eyes, making her pause for a while. He leans forward and gives her a quick kiss, sending her in daze as she starts to blush. "That's what you get for teasing me." He said with a mischievous smile on his face. "Yah! Son Oh Gong!" She said as she hits him lightly.

They were like that, teasing each other almost every day. Other times they would just cuddle quietly as they watch TV while lying on the couch and sometimes the two of them would go on dates. It's like the two of them were doing the things that they weren't able to do before. Each day of their lives they were making memories that they would treasure for the rest of their lives.

Today they went to the ddeokbokki restaurant that they frequently go to. They ordered their usual course, half spicy and half mild.

"Son Oh Gong, I feel like it's time for me to look for a job." Jin Seon Mi said as she stirs in the ddeokbokki. "Why? Are you already getting bored in our house?" Son Oh Gong asked, looking at her in confusion. "No. It's just that I - hmph!" She stops what she was about to say as she felt her stomach churning and everything that she ate this morning was about to come out.

"Jin Seon Mi, what's wrong? Are you sick?" Son Oh Gong asked as he looks at her, worry is written all over his face. Instead of answering, Jin Seon Mi rushed to the restroom. The moment she entered, everything that she's been trying to hold back, came out from her mouth. She threw up everything that she ate. "Jin Seon Mi! Are you alright?" She could hear him as he knocks on the door repeatedly. After cleaning up, she opened the door and saw her husband, the Great Sage looking all worried. "I'm... I'm alright." She said with a faint smile on her face. She tries to show him that she's okay but her body says other wise. She looks so pale as if her blood has been suck out of her body. Her lips has lost its color and she could barely stand up. She looked at him but it seems like her world is spinning and then everything becomes dark.

"Ma Wang! Ma Wang! Open the door! Ma Wang!"

"Aish so noisy! Yah you nutjob you-" Ma Wang stopped as soon as he saw Son Oh Gong carrying an unconscious Jin Seon Mi in his arms. "Oy Son Oh Gong, what happened?" Ma Wang asked as he followed Son Oh Gong to his room. Son Oh Gong gently lay her down on the bed and sat beside her holding her hand. "She... She was alright earlier until we're about to eat ddeokbokki and then she suddenly felt sick." Son Oh Gong said nervously. Ma Wang was bewildered at the sight in front of him. The Great Sage Son Oh Gong, was sitting there on the verge of crying in panic and nervousness. Never in his entire lifespan has he seen him in that state.

Hours later, Secretary Ma came in with the peddler to check on Jin Seon Mi who was still lying unconscious. The look of concern on the peddler's face change after checking on her pulse. "What's wrong with Jin Seon Mi?" Son Oh Gong asked. The peddler smiled at him which left him even more confused. "Congratulations Great Sage! You're about to become a father!"

-----

Author's note: so this ends the first part of the finale. I hope that you guys like today's update. I will be posting the rest tomorrow. Also I apologize that it took quite sometime for me to update this story. I actually had some writer's block while writing it, and another is that I got too focused on my other story. I'm really sorry about that.