I Will Always Be By Your Side 2

"Son Oh Gong," Jin Seon Mi said as she was lying on the couch, her head resting on Son Oh Gong's lap. "Hmm?" he was gently caressing her hair. "I'm asking this because I'm just curious." Seon Mi continued. "What is it?" Oh Gong asked. "I'm just curious about since when did you realized that you can remove the geumganggo by yourself?" 

Son Oh Gong thought for a while then he looked down on her to answer. "It was that night when you told me that you are going to empty your heart." Jin Seon Mi looked at him in surprise. "After you left, I went to the Peddler to confront her but instead she told me that the geumganggo can already be removed. Since I no longer thought of geumganggo's love and you as an annoyance, she told me that the geumganggo has no power all over me."

Jin Seon Mi sat up and faced the Great Sage with tears on her eyes. "Oy Jin Seon Mi, you are asking me this and now you are crying?" Jin Seon Mi looked away from him to hide her tears. "Who said I'm crying?" She said as she tries to wipe her tears. Son Oh Gong held her face so that he could properly looked at her and wipes away her tears. "Who are you trying to fool here?" he said smiling at her. 

"Then, that night..."

"You are not the only one who poured your heart out."

Indeed that night, the two of them were able to let out of what they truly feel, without holding back. 

"Then that night as well..."Jin Seon Mi remembered that night, when the cold wave was strong and General Frost freezes the geumganggo, she was able to ask him about how he truly feels.

"Do I look pretty?"

"Yeah, you're pretty. Because I love you.

That time, she thought she was only being teased by General Frost and Summer Fairy, so even though she thought that there's something sincere in his tone when he said "Because I love you." she just shrugged it off.

Jin Seon Mi throw herself on him and hugged him tight. Son Oh Gong was slightly taken aback by her sudden action but after a while he hugged her back.

"I'm sorry, Son Oh Gong." Jin Seon Mi said, still hugging him. "And also thank you." she continued. "For what?"he asked. "For everything." She said hugging him tight, with tears falling from her eyes. "All this time, I thought your love was only because of the effect of geumganggo. Until that very night when you removed it in front of me and I learned of your true feelings."

Son Oh Gong pulled back from her hug and held her face, staring at her lovingly. "It's alright. It's all in the past now." he said as he wiped away her tears. "What we should be focusing now is the present and how are we going to live our lives in the future." He caressed her hair and gently kissed her on her forehead. 

"Jin Seon Mi, let's get married." Seon Mi's eyes widened in surprise upon hearing his words. "This time, let's make it real."he said. Jin Seon Mi could feel her heart being filled with warmth. For her, everything seems too good to be true and right now she couldn't find the right words to express the happiness that she is feeling right now. "Son Oh Gong," she finally managed to say. 

"Aish we should have done this before. If only Asanyeo didn't took over your body that time, we could have been married a long time ago." he said crossing his arms. He looks clearly annoyed just by the thought of it. 

Jin Seon Mi smiled as she looked at her groom and held his hand. "Aigoo look at you. Just a while ago you were telling me not to dwell in the past and focus on our present, but here you are whining about what happened before." Son Oh Gong chuckled. "Yes, that's right. Let's get married and cherish each and every moment together. Forever." she said.

----------

Author's note: I'm sorry it took a while for me to update this story. I've been busy for a while but I promise to update the next chapters as soon as possible. Also thank you for the 1.4k reads. Thank you for all your support. :)