Chapter 3

Mr Parks POV

I couldn't believe that I was already late for my first day of school, well teaching that is but it was my first teaching job so I needed to do great. I just couldn't stop thinking about Cassie. That night at the club as soon as I heard someone scream I ran around the corner to investigate. I was shocked by what I saw, there was a drunk guy on top of a girl that looked really young probably in her 20s. Her dress was pulled up and his pants were down, before anything else could happen I ran at the guy and knocked him to the ground and gave him another punch to the head just in case.

When I looked down at the girl she was too shocked to move so I pulled her dress down and helped her up. She was beautiful, she had long brown hair that flowed down her back and her eyes were light brown.

She was very weak so I picked her and put her on the bench and I noticed she was staring at me, I didn't really mind because she was probably just scared. After a while I gave her a lift home and she seemed fine but I just couldn't believe what she had been through, it was horrible.

I teach Maths, Music and English because I am qualified for all of them but since it is my first year I want to see which one I like the most and then I will focus on that.

I was rushing down the hallway because I was already late, looking for my classroom. When I walked in almost everyone was looking towards the back at a couple making out, it was quite gross.

"No PDA in the classrooms you two at the back" The whole class looked at me. As I scanned my eyes around the room I noticed that a lot of girls were paying particular attention to me.

That's when I saw her, my heart skipped a beat and I had to check if I was hallucinating so I looked away but when I looked back she was bolting out of the classroom so I knew it was her. I told the class to read over the first chapter that we would be starting and left the room to search for her. The only place she could be was the bathroom so I just waited there for her. It was about 15 minutes until she came out.

Cassie's POV

As soon as I saw that it was him I sprinted down the hallway but I never was a fast runner and he caught up to me straight away and grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Hey Cassie, just wait a second!"

"What?" It came out a little angrier than I was aiming for but it didn't seem like he noticed.

" I thought you were like 20 when I saw you the other night! How did you even get in?"

" It's called fake ID Mr Parks" I said it with so much anger that it even scared me. Why was I talking to him so horribly?

" Look I just wanted to check if you were ok, I didn't expect that I would see you after you know . . . ." he trailed off

" I need to go"

" Just tell me what's wrong"

I couldn't ignore him, he didn't really do anything wrong.

" I just didn't expect you to be my teacher, excuse me for being a little shocked" with that I stormed down the hallway.

I decided to call Jack and ask him to drive me home because I really couldn't stand being here much longer. He picked up after the first wring and agreed.

Once he came out of the main building, relief washed over me. I couldn't wait to get home and away from this school, away from Mr Parks and away from all the confusion.

The car ride home was quiet, he tried to ask me what was wrong but I just didn't want to talk about it so he dropped it. Once we were at my house he offered to stay but I told him to go back to school.