Chapter 13

Brad's POV

I can't describe the relief i'm feeling right now. I had just got off the phone with Liam. He told me that Cas was alright. I have been so worried about her. I knew it was all my fault. I couldn't sleep all night, i was out looking for her. I will have to explain myself to her when she gets back. I switched the t.v on to get my mind off of her and the hourly news update came on.

'There has been a crash on the highway, causing major delays. One Sudan and a police car were involved. The driver of the Sudan tragically died at the scene after failed attempts to revive him. In the police car, the police officer escaped with minor injuries and a 17 year old girl who was in the police vehicle at the time has been taken to Weather-field hospital with injuries. The young girl has been identified as Cassandra Charles and if anyone watching this knows her doctors have not been able to get in contact with any of her family."

I froze, this can't be happening, my mind is playing tricks on me, why would she be in a police car, it doesn't make sense. But then i remembered how Liam told me that a police officer was going to drive her home. 

I ran to the front door and got in my car. I was hyperventilating, this couldn't be happening. 

I arrived at the hospital in record time and ran through the front doors of the emergency section.

"Cassie Charles?"

The woman behind the counter looked up at me and her face instantly lit up.

"Oh hi, im sally, who are you looking for?"

"Cassie Charles!" I said even louder, she was startled by this but answered me anyway.

"Room 238"

I started to walk away

"Oh hey wait, here's my number, you know if you need my help or anything"

She smiled sweetly at me, but her eyes were filled with lust. What kind of looser hits on a guy in the emergency room.

I grabbed the piece of paper off her and threw it in the bin just to piss her off. Then i made my way to Cassie's room.

238

I opened the door slowly and saw two doctors fussing over her.

"Excuse me who are you?" One of them asked.

"Im Brad, her uh ... boyfriend"

"Oh okay, well she is still unconscious and she has a broken hand which we put a cast on, she was lucky, if the car was driving any faster she could be dead."

I could feel my eyes burning with tears. I couldn't even imagine what would happen if my Cas died.

"Can i have some privacy with her please?"

"Yes, press the red button if anything happens" The other doctor said with a smile.

They walked out and shut the door behind them. She looked so broken and vulnerable lying there on the large hospital bed.

I moved to her side and held her right hand which wasn't broken. 

"Im so sorry cas, im so sorry"

Cassie's POV

I tried opening my eyes but they just won't open. I could hear two people talking.

"Its all my fault Chris"

"Of course it is! Why would you kiss Jules? And why would you let her run off?"

I wonder who Jules is?

"I tried to stop her from doing anything stupid!"

"You're kidding! That's all you can say? It was your fault that she was upset! I didn't approve of this to begin with but now to hear that you are just using her and hooking up with Jules, I can't believe it!"

"I'm not using her! I think im in love with her! Look Jules and I only broke up 1 month before school started. I guess she still had feelings for me"

"But why did YOU kiss back?"

"I dunno, i guess i was just stuck in the moment or something, I was so shocked. But it didn't feel right and I stopped straight away, I felt so guilty!"

"You were fricking dating Cas!! You broke her heart you d*ck head"

"For f*cks sake I know! I will never forgive myself! I just, i don't know what i was thinking! It was just a spur of the moment i guess."

"Well it was a bloody stupid moment Brad"

When Brad's name was mentioned everything clicked into place. Jules was Miss Sharp! They used to go out!

"Ive really messed it up man, I think im in love with Cassie and now i think i've lost her. She deserves better than me but i don't want to let her go, I can't let her go."

"Yeh i know Brad, look you just have to tell her the truth"

"I guess when Jules broke up with me i was really upset and when she started kissing me maybe i was just trying to get back what she took when she broke up with me but i have never regretted anything more in my entire life."

I wanted so bad to be able to open my eyes. I pushed and pushed and pushed and it worked, they opened. I looked around me. I was in some kind of hospital room. Brad was sitting in a chair in the corner and Chris was pacing the room. 

"Brad"

They both looked up at me and Brad ran/stumbled towards me engulfing me in a hug. 

"Cass baby im so happy your awake. I love you! " Wait what, did he just say he loved me! He looked just as shocked that the words had come out of his mouth as I was.

"I love you too"

He looked even more shocked at my response. 

"You love me?"

"Of course i love you"

"But Jules.. i mean Miss Sharp"

"I know, i heard the conversation you just had with Chris. You know sometimes unconscious people hear before anything else in their body responds."

"Im so sorry Cassie, im so sorry!"

"I know you are. Can you please get me some water?"

"Yeah yeah oh um yeah of course"

He quickly got up and ran outside to get some water

"Hey beautiful"

"Hey Chris. Look I know you don't like Brad and I being together but I promise, other than this situation he has actually been such a great guy to me and you don't have anything to worry about."

"It's alright Cas, as long as you're happy I will get over it." I smiled but then I remembered how he lifted me up yesterday.

"And what did you think you were doing lifting me up yesterday?" I said in the strongest voice i could manage.

Confusion crossed his face then realisation.

"Cas you have been unconscious for 3 days"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Off to the right is a picture of the police officer who helped Cassie ——————>