Temporary

I was running away, again. I had a guitar that was a gift from the principal because she said I might find it interesting. She also gave me a book to learn how to play it and that's all I have with me. I looked at the road and decided to follow it because it must lead somewhere.

I couldn't help myself but touch it because I only seen it in photos, never in real life. It felt hot to touch because of the sun I was smiling, too bad I couldn't hug the road. I escaped for a reason, I'll never go back. I got up and started walking beside the road.

"Well since you are here you must lead somewhere better than here." Sure I'm talking to the road, got a problem with that? I opened the book and started reading while walking. How on Earth am I one hundred and thirty years old?

Well I got one reason not to believe modern day technology. I stopped reading and got the guitar out, good thing it has a strap. I started playing it and then fell in love with it. No words could describe how I felt when I started playing the instrument.

It was like the road, seen it but never touched it. Well I mainly heard about it and wonder what it's like. I am so not going to go back. I now wonder how I'm so dumb but you will soon find out why I wish I could go back in time.

I started walking on the road due to stickers, sticks, rocks and glass. I have at least some scratches from the glass, maybe one or two stickers that I didn't notice but besides from that, I'm okay. Then again, I have a very high pain tolerance for probably more than thirteen years. How else would I still be alive if I didn't have a pain tolerance? Sure, where I came from and if you don't have a pain tolerance...

You would've been dead within a minute. I continued walking, stopping once in a while to enjoy myself and take care of my feet. I found some glass close to me and I decided to cut my hair. It was short and choppy, like a choppy bob.

It went perfectly with my face structure and I got up, started walking and then stopped. I spotted a house and then more houses, why are they here? I walked up to them and it seemed like no one was there, what are they used for? Where are the people?

Sure, this is my first time near any civilization that was real and non-dangerous. I continued my path and found more places, restaurants, has stations and stores. I only knew this by reading the signs and I was awe struck. "Hey, who are you?"

I nearly jumped and turned around in a flash. Okay is it normal to be half scared to death? It was a tall, skinny, white, black hair guy. I looked at his outfit and he worked at something called 7eleven.

Like this store so he must work here. "I'm... walking to my friends." Okay, that is believable but highly doubtful. He stared at me and he had blue eyes.

"Where is your shoes?"

"Left them at home." What are shoes? What are they because my old home never had any unless you were very important. And not a test subject.

"Why on Earth would you leave them at your #*~* home?" Do people usually cuss? Of course I heard a few cuss words and learned about them, never dared use them. I shrugged and he left with two bottles that were brown.

What were in those bottles? I continued walking and soon was on a high way. It's close to night and I was tired of walking. I laid down on the side of the road and fell asleep.

Sure I got cold but I knew what I been through is a lot worse than this. I had a dream and this is it.

Running through the green fields, smiling, laughing and I had a guy following me. Something I always wanted and it's called a dad. Some test subjects are lucky to have a family that use to love them, I never had one. There was a woman running with the man and I smiled even wider.