Non-normal

What is more scarier, seeing a young girl that's very pale, dull gray eyes, wearing a white long shirt and had white jeans or the Godzilla mixed with Yeti chasing her? Your choice but then the world is full of choices, mine is running from the creature. Yes the girl I was describing is me, I don't have a name only a number which is 231D. I ran from a lab that kept giving me shots, classes, training and torture.

I learn many things only about surviving in the wild, controlling my intentions of life, no love for anything and never thinking twice about commands. Of course I'm not the only one escaping tonight, there are twelve of us total and ten of them been caught by the beast. I need to use the environment as an advantage. Trees, holes, water and the fence. I climbed up the tree and I reached the top when I heard a blood curling scream not far away.

The monster is dumb and realises on movement and heat to see. It looks around for a minute and I jumped over the fence. I miss counted how far I am from the fence and I was scratched, I screamed giving my location off. The thing spotted me made long scars on my feet, they were deep.

I'm close to ten years old, give or take but I also might be thirteen and three fourths. I don't really know because I know what a birthday is but I don't know mine, I never celebrated it. I push myself and landed on my side, hurting myself but I know it's worth it. I need to escape or be dead, or probably have my bones broken as punishment.

I know, some family and I limped as far away as I could. I know it isn't far but I need shelter. My instincts kicked in and I started acting like a creature, almost like a fox. I could hear a bear fishing for salmon, a pack of wolves enjoying a buck they caught tonight and I could get a duck close by.

I licked my lips at the taste of something besides stale bread, moldy cheese and spoiled milk. Almost impossible to imagine but easily wished for by one hundred kids. I started limping but stopped because I smelled someone, labs. They are still hunting me down for some strange reason, probably because I started a rebellion.

I jumped into the river and it was ice cold, it hurt too much but I need to cover my scent. I let the river take me where ever it was going which isn't to the scientists. I was tired and I looked to the moon, it's so bright and this is my first time outside of the labs. How come we never been out here?

I smiled because I felt so free, nothing I never experienced before in my entire life. I want to feel like this forever and never felt scared, sad and unhappy. I was tired and fell asleep, letting the river take me away. I had memories, nothing I want to remember or even talk about.

"Never show mercy. Mercy is a weakness 231D, glory is our friend. Your only friend will be glory, honor and weapons." We were sitting in chairs with desks like we were in a strict school, we all looked different but wore the same outfit and hair cut. We all had long hair, never been cut.

Our teacher, Mister Kaminski is a buff, army General, buzzed hair, angry appearance and disliked rebellions or to put it more simple, me. We all looked at the board in silence then he had his hands pressed to my desk, probably trying to break it. His brown eyes were now black, reminding me of a pit that endless like his heart. "Is there anything you want to say 231D?"

"No, sir."

"Louder!"

"No, sir." It's a bit louder than last time but not loud enough. He slapped me against the cheek, causing blood to show. It was because of his nails, I tried to show no feeling but I moved my hand to my cheek.

"Louder!" He yelled in my face and I wasn't bleeding much at all.

"No, sir!" I hope and it's loud enough but it wasn't, he grabbed my wrist and broke it. I felt it and I bit my tongue from screaming, it worked which he walked away. After class I would be lucky enough to go to the clinic, they don't care about health.