Chapter 7: "You're Not Alone."

~ Alexis P.O.V

i hear a knock at the door.

i roll my eyes.

its probably Liam trying to beg for forgiveness.

like, what the hell.

we never used to fight so much when he was home.

suddenly the door opens.

"you alright love?" Louis asks

i cock up an eyebrow.

Louis came to check up on me?

i thought out of everyone he would be the least to care.

"yeah I'm uh good." i stutter, my voice weak.

after some hesitation he comes in and sits on the end of my bed.

"hes trying his best you know..." 

i roll my eyes.

"Louis if your just coming here to defend Liam then leave. and anyways it wont matter because I'm calling my parents so i can go home."

Louis nods his head and after a few moments he says quietly.

"you know...I've met Natalia...and shes really great. you would like her...."

i look at him like hes crazy.

am i not speaking english?

why is he ignoring me?

Louis must've read my facial expression,

"he was so worried about what you would think of her. hes been on about it for months. he wanted to introduce you guys during the tour. me and the lads have been telling him 'your introducing her to your baby sister, not your parents !' but he was still so nervous and he wanted your approval so badly. Liam talked about you everyday and from what i could tell, you guys seemed close. the type of brother and sister relationship everyone would like to have. but now that you're here, all you two have seemed to do is fight.... whats really going on Alexis?"

i look at him open mouthed.

how did Louis.... Louis Tomlinson figure out my life story in 5 minutes?

he chuckles lightly , "I'm funny... not stupid."

"apparently not...." i mumble.

he looks at me again waiting for the response to his question.

do i really want to tell Louis Tomlinson my whole life story?

would he make a joke of it all?

i look back into his patient eyes and take in a deep breath.

might as well give it a shot.

i start off slowly and begin telling him about my parents divorce.

might as well give a proper explanation.

i go into detail about how i had to go through it alone while Liam was on tour and after a few minutes i start to talk about right now.

how i feel so...betrayed & alone. 

soon enough i was telling Louis things that i haven't even realized myself. 

as i finish i slowly rip my eyes away from a picture on the wall that i had been staring at the whole time and look back into Louis' eyes expecting to find sympathy, something i despise,  but all i find is... understanding.

he gives me a shy smile and puts his arm around me, "my parents got divorced when i was young and i did have my sisters with me to go through it, but they were too young to truly understand what was going on. i know how it feels like to be alone. i made some bad choices with some bad people back then because i was going through such a tough time. but after talking with my mom about it i began to get better and we promised each other we would get through this together." 

he takes a deep breath,  "so some months past and then i went on the x-factor..." he says smiling  "and that was the best thing to ever happen to me because i met real friends. but when we got popular i had to leave my mom with my sisters. it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. i left her when she needed me most. i broke our promise. at first i didn't talk to her too often because the guilt was eating at me. look at me, i get to live the good life and run from my problems while my mom just sits there in that same house.." he chokes out. 

"i know how Liam feels. i know what both of you are going through. i was with Liam every day and i know he feels guilty. he ran away from his problems while you had to deal with them just like i did... but he loves you Alexis. so many people care about you. you have us now. you don't ever have to feel alone again. and you get to run away from you problems now just like Liam and me. your free."

i let the tears fall as i look into Louis' pain-filled face

"but Louis..." i croak "nobody can run forever. one day your going to have to go back. whether its for holiday or for good..."

"well things are okay for me now. "he replies "I've talked things out with my family and you should do the same..." he nods towards the door.

i wipe the tears off cheeks even though they are still pouring from my eyes and give Louis a hug.

nobody has ever understood me so clearly.

i let go of our hug.

"thank you for being here..." i say shakily

"its not just me doll.... Harry, Zayn, Niall and Liam are here for you too, always."

i flinch at Niall's name.

"i don't know about that..." i murmur

he takes my hand and squeezes it.

"just go talk to them, everything will be alright."

i smile as we slowly get off the bed together.

"wow... who knew Lou Tommo was such a softy?" i joke.

he shrugs as he puts his arm around me for another squeeze.

"everyone has more to them than what meets the eye babe."

i roll my eyes "alright Dr. Phil."

he laughs as we walk out to the hallway.

"...well do what you've got to do.." he says with a twinkle in his eyes.

i smile at him nervously and walk down the hallway where Liam and Niall's rooms await....

A/N: i hope you like this chapter! i love you guys! also I'm in the midst of making a zayn malik story! i'll link you to it  in the next chapter! bye (: