Chapter 5: Expect the Unexpected

its been a week.

a full week of my body aching all over. 

i sigh as my ice pack once again falls off my leg.

I'm so glad today is our last day in New York.

i know this might come off as horrible but the boys' fans are absolutely insane.

from attacking us every time we go in or out of the hotel, to camping outside and singing songs all night long.

i have no idea how Liam, or the rest of the lads, handle this.

i look back at the ice pack that is now sitting soundly on the ground and decide its too far out of a reach.

i huff as i sit back and try to relax while watching tv.

Niall walks in, picks up the ice pack and sets it gently on my slightly bruised leg before plopping himself down beside me.

Hes been taking care of me all week and i cant really say that I've minded.

this gives us the excuse to get extra cozy and comfortable without Liam paying much attention.

"thanks" i say with a smile

"your welcome" he says while stretching his arm around me.

Louis walks in

"well, well, well look at the love birds."

i immediately sit up a little bit.

"shut up Louis." Niall grumbles.

"oh no don't worry I'm not going to tell Liam. Hes got him own little girl probl-" his mouth closes shut.

i look at Louis confused

"what girl problems?"

Louis looks at Niall in a panic as if he said something he shouldn't.

"its nothing babe.." Niall says lowly while rubbing my arm.

did Niall just call me babe?

all other thoughts just float away and i can feel my cheeks flushing red.

Liam walks in suddenly "whats going on guys?" he asks as he flops on the other sofa and opens his coke.

"nothing" we all say at the same time.

he looks at us weird. "alright then...so Lexi are you packed? do you need any help?"

"uhrm no....." i say still a little dazed by Niall's forwardness "i-I'm all packed."

"yeah Niall helped her out with that. and maybe a couple other things" Zayn winks as he walks in and sits on the arm of Liam's chair.

i glare at him.

so maybe our flirtatious ways weren't such a secret after all...

Liam gives him a glare but Zayn persists,"i mean who really knows what they do behind those closed doors...' he says with a hip thrust.

that's all it took for Liam to get up and lock Zayn in a headlock

"LIAM, LIAM! I'M SORRY. YOUR RUININ MY QUIFF MAN!"

the boys end up throwing each other on the floor and start full out wrestling.

Harry soon walks in to join the commotion.

and soon enough all the boys, including Niall, are rolling on the floor.

i laugh and chunk my ice pack at them as they come too close to me.

"OW!" Harry cries as the ice pack smacks him right on the head.

i laugh and he gets up with the ice pack in hand.

i ignore the dull ache as i run away to the kitchen with the rest of the boys chasing after me.

i crouch beside the table.

"looks likes somebodies been faking..." i can practically hear Harry's smirk.

i drop to my knees and manage to crawl behind the counter.

i bump into something.

i turn around and theres Niall's face only inches from mine.

"enjoying my company a bit too much eh?" he says referring to Harry's comment.

and before my mouth can even open in response he lifts me off the ground and shouts.

"look who I've found!!!"

"NIAAALLLLLL!" i scream in shock. and hit his arm repeatably. furious at his betrayal. 

he only laughs and the boys charge at me taking ice and throwing it down my shirt.

after a struggle, i slouch in defeat. 

after some laughs, and few pictures, the boys leave the room. 

all but Niall of course.

"i hate you." i mutter half jokingly while holding my shirt open above the sink, letting the ice fall through.

"well i sure hope not!" he says while resting his hand on my waist.

i cant help but smile at his touch.

i turn my head so he cant see my face.

suddenly i feel his hand tuck my hair behind my ear.

"date me." he says suddenly.

my heart skips a beat and i don't think i heard him correctly.

"w-what?" i say. my voice shaky.

"date me." he repeats.

i slowly look up into his bright blue eyes.

they're staring fiercely back into mine.

i feel my throat dry up and i look back down into the sink.

"i cant...." i say subconsciously.

"and why not?" he asks, are voices barely above a whisper.

"because of Liam, and your tour and bec-."

"date me." he says yet again.

i gulp and the silence between us feels like a lifetime.

he suddenly grabs me by my waist and faces me towards him, forcing me to look at him.

"your amazing Alexis. i really like you... and... as cheesy as this sounds... nobody makes me feel like you do..."

I'm still in complete shock. 

it wasn't suppose to happen like this. at least not in my head. and why now? so suddenly? why is Niall asking me out now?

i could only murmur "but Liam..."

"somethings telling me he'll make an exception..." he whispers softy.

after a moment he leans in slowly, his lips hovering above mine.

i quickly turn my head and walk away leaving the boy of my dreams waiting by the sink.