kidnapped

James Edwardson woke up in a hotel room, although he didn't know that yet because of the scarf that was wrapped around his head.

The door opened and someone sat down on a chair. "Where am I?" James asked. "I'll remove the scarf, then you can see it yourself." James suddenly felt a metal object pushed against his throat and the scarf was removed.

He saw someone standing in front of him. He had heard it was a woman's voice but she had a mask covering her face. She removed the gun from his throat. He looked around and saw a window. He wanted to stand up but realised his feet were tied up. "Can you remove that too?" he asked. "No." The woman said. "Who are you?" James asked. "No one you need to know." The woman answered. I don't know what they want, but they aren't willing to give me any information, James thought. then a thought came to his mind. "Where are the others?" That seemed to confuse the woman. "What others?" "There was another woman and some policemen with me. Where are they?" James said. "I don't know what you're talking about. There aren't any other people." The woman stood up, leaving James confused.

Caroline Johnson woke up in a small cell, probably in the basement of a house. Lucky for her, she wasn't tied up. But she was incredibly thirsty and her bones and muscles ached. She remembered what had happened. She had gone upstairs and entered the first room she saw. She was immediately pulled towards the floor and before she could scream she was hit unconscious. She hoped James had heard it or had noticed there was something wrong and hadn't gone upstairs alone. Then she realised that if she didn't get anything to drink soon she would possibly die. So she started to scream. Till she couldn't scream anymore. But she was left alone.

Jim Washington wondered where Caroline Johnson was. The policemen he had hired got James Edwardson, but hadn't seen anything of Johnson since she went upstairs. It didn't bother him though, although it was strange. Maybe the man who killed the woman was in the house and got her. He would have to eliminate one person less. He started to make himself ready to visit James Edwardson.

James was still in the hotel room. He'd managed to stand up and remove the rope around his feet, and walked to the window. He knew this place. It was in the middle of the black neighbourhood. Maybe he was kidnapped by the person who killed the woman, he thought. Again, he wondered what exactly had happened. Where were Caroline and the policemen? If the woman had spoken the truth and they weren't here, would they still be in the house, wondering where he was? That couldn't be possible. They must've heard something and the policemen that were with him must have seen what happened. So or the woman hadn't spoken the truth, or... someone else was involved in this.

He heard footsteps and quickly ran back to the bed he had lied in when he woke up. The door opened and the woman with the mask came in, followed by, as far as he could see, a man with the same mask, only in another colour. Probably a point of range, James thought. Then the man started to speak.

Caroline Johnson wasn't alone anymore. But she didn't know if she was very happy about that now. A bold man with sunglasses had come in about one and a half hour ago, and had since then only stared at her. Caroline couldn't see his eyes, but thought they had to be very cold. Fortunately, a second man came in. "She needs water. Give her some, Andrew. Don't poison it, maybe later." He said, to let Caroline know they could kill her any moment. When the bold man was away, he said: "So, you're a detective. You work for the police." Caroline didn't answer. "You know what that means?" She still didn't give any reaction. "I asked you something. Do you know what that means?" She shook her head. The man came closer. "That means, my dear... what's your name?" Caroline decided she'd better not use her real name, so she tried to think of another. "Annie." "Well, that means, my dear Annie, that I'm going to release you from this house and let you go back to your life." The man said. "But not for nothing, of course."