Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I groaned in my sleep as I moved my head to get away from the prickling that was tickling my cheek. It itched and I was not ready to wake up just yet. I must have fell asleep with chip crumbs on my pillow again. I shivered slightly as the wind nipped at my exposed arms. I rubbed them a bit and felt for my covers, my hands feeling nothing but the same prickling met my palm, just like my cheek. And the wind was still nipping at my arms. Then it hit me, why would there be wind in my room?! The thought had my brain reeling and I hurried to wake myself up even more. My body didn't want to obey, it felt limp. Even waking up fully was hard, everything seemed dark, distant, and foggy. I groaned as I rolled over onto my stomach, hoping that the new position would help me wake up, so I could open my eyes. The itching was getting to be too much, like bugs crawling on my skin. The thought had my senses come crawling through the fogginess of sleep.

 I opened my eyes only to have them blink back close. 'Sunlight! Ugh!' I squinted my eyes back open just in time to see a something fluttering in front of my vision and then out of my vision. The light was still bothering my sleep filled eyes, making things hard to see, but I could make out not one, but several butterfly shapes fluttering around me. I blinked the sleep from my eyes, to help clear them. 'So, not in my room.' I rolled back onto my back. Must have went to get a drink last night, if I passed out outside. The butterflies hovered over me, just minding there business, their wings seemed to shimmered in the sunlight. 'I wonder if the dust on their wings are poisonous?' My groggy brain instantly thought of Butterfree the Pokemon. I love pokemon. I chuckled at myself as I slowly rolled my body forward and into a sitting position. 

I ached all over, which was weird, I if did get drunk I should at least have a headache, or feel sick, or something. Instead my muscles just felt stiff as if I hadn't moved from the same position in hours, which couldn't be. I was the type that like to roll and hog the bed. My throat and lungs felt dry too. Coughing, I thought I saw dark colored smoke escape my mouth, like a dragon, but it was faint, so I chalked it up to me just still being half asleep. Lift one arm, I took the back of my hand and rubbed the rest of the sleep from my eyes, wiping away the blurriness that seemed to want to stick around. 

That done, now came the important question. 'Where am I?' I craned my neck lightly, kind of stretching it, as I looked around, getting a good look at my surroundings. Trees. 'A jungle? No that couldn't be right.' Shrubbery. Flower were everywhere. Not finding any of that useful, I looked up and found a see through transparent roof. It was up too high for me to tell if it was plastic or glass. I tried to see if I could see beyond the tree, but of course that was impossible. 'So, a forest.' I concluded 'And the transparent roof meant some type of man made one.'

Looking down, I saw that I was sitting on grass, which explained the prickling, I had felt in my sleep. I was sitting directly in the middle of a pathway, that seemed to lead through the trees and shrubbery. Two plastic bottles with the labels ripped off were beside me. It looked like they had water in them, but I wasn't too sure. Odds were I replaced that water with something else. I was a fresh from high school graduate and it was very likely that I would do something as stupid.

I looked around some more, letting the bottles be for the moment. A sign was off to the side. It read 'Rosewood Boi-Dome: Butterfly Gift Shop. Coming Soon!', an arrow was pointing to the left, toward another path. I was still in the Boi Dome Museum. How in the world did that happen? I held the closest bottle up to the light to check the contents again, shaking the bottle slightly and rereading the label. Didn't bubble like liqueur, and the seal wasn't broken. The label said it was water.