Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Hoodie's POV:

'Where was he?!' I glared at the empty bed before me. Adam wasn't here, but the pill bottle was. So he chose to endure the torture of the Slender Sickness. However, that was not what I was focused on. No, I was trying to deduce where my prey had gone. I wasn't gone from this house for more than an hour, long enough time for Adam to start to wake up. Even if he did awake early, prey usually stayed near around the only shelter they had. This house was to play a part in that shelter. But he wasn't here and after being chased by the Rake, it would be foolishness for him to travel out there by himself, unless he was persuaded. My eyes narrowed at the thought. This had another Proxy written all over it. I was getting very irritated now. I was getting tired of telling them to leave my prey alone. That he was mine, but if that is how they were going to be, then I guess I was just going to have to steal him back. I picked up the pill bottle and turned to leave.

Masky was waiting for me downstairs, hand in his pocket. "I didn't hear any screams, Did you decide to just kill him in his sleep? Or did the Slender Sickness do it job?" He asked, tilting his head curiously.

"He's gone. Someone else was here." I stated, walking past him and back out side. He followed, keeping pace with with me. I was looking for any signs that would show me Adams path. The Rake was crouched behind a thicket of bushes gnawing on the bone of the female prey that I had tossed out to him. He looked up at us as we approached. My eyes scanned over the bloody mess that litter the ground, making sure that the Rake had not got brave and decided to steal from me. "Where is my prey?" I asked, knowing that the creature had to have seen something.

"SALLY..." Rake growled out.

"Which way?" I asked.

Rake pointed in the direction of the old abandoned sanatorium then went back to his meal.

I started walking in the direction of the sanatorium at a fast pace, Masky on my heels. "Hoodie. What are you going to do?" He asked, tone casual. He knew why I was hurrying.

If that is where Adam was headed then I needed to get there before Adam got even a little better. I couldn't let anyone have him but me. He was my kill. My prey.

"Sally had no right to take him there." I said, my voice sounding neutral, when inside I could feel my blood boiling. "I may spank her." I threatened.

"You know Slendy will not allow that." Masky said.

"Don't you have something better to do?" I snapped back, though my tone did not change.

I could sense when he left me to track my prey by myself. Of all the Proxy Sally could lead my prey to why did she take him to 'her'?

Adam's POV:

The sanatorium was in better condition than the old house was, but it was also creepier. Every part of me wanted to leave and find something else. I really shouldn't have followed my hallucinations advice and ventured into this building. It seemed like the forest was taking it over. There were some rooms that had their doors closed, and other doors would be open. In the hallway there would be abandoned old wheelchairs just sitting if the wind blew just right the ones that didn't have their brakes down would rock slightly. And walkers that were either standing upright, or laying forgotten on the dirty floor. The graffiti on the walls weren't much help in calming my nerves. The only reason I didn't upright and book it back outside was because of the white noise that was sounding in my head more frequently now. Each time it sounded I would black out for a moment, with just enough time to catch myself. My head would pulse as if in time with my heart and I would start to feel nauseous. I was really hoping to find some type of medicine that I would recognize here. I already found a dirty, but medically approved arm sling to replace my makeshift one. Already my right arm and shoulder were feeling better now that it was being supported properly.