Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Adam's POV:

"Adam....Adam!....Adam wake up!!" I immediately recognized Amy's voice and groaned as I tried to blink the sleepiness from my eyes, so I could answer her. I had the worst headache of all headaches. It really was the mother of all headaches. "Adam come on, now not the time to be sleeping!" She pestered, her foot kicking mine. I opened my eyes finally and hiss as my neck cramped, and my right arm throbbed in pain. Why was I sleeping sitting up? "Adam ngh! Come on we're in trouble." She groaned, like she was in pain. I blinked my eyes open a final time and looked around. I didn't recognize where we were. 'Some kind of shed....?' Everything was still a little blurry, and my headache was not helping. I really just wanted to close my eyes again and not deal with whatever was causing Amy to be hysterical. "I can't believe that your sleeping when we have been kidnapped by psychos!"

Oh yeah, now I remembered, I became a bit more aware at the realization I should probably be freaking out with her. I tugged at my arms and found that the reason my right arm was in pain was because instead of in its sling, my arms were pulled back and tied to the chair we were both sitting in. "You're the one who hit me with a tree branch." I mumbled, starting to struggle in my bonds, like she was doing.

"Really!? That's what you focus on!?" She snapped. She was struggling a lot harder than I was. She practically had her chair moving and scrapping on the floor. Moving her chair backwards with each movement. She was putting more effort in escaping than I was.

"No! Yes! Its the first thing that came into my head okay!" I snapped tiredly.

"Well you better wake up and start trying to slip out of those ropes. They could be back soon!" She said, the back of her chair hitting the wall behind her. The muscles in her shoulder muscles were working and it didn't take a genius to know that she had noticed something in the wall that was sharp and able to help her cut through the ropes.

I start moving my chair toward her, intent on using what she was using to saw through her ropes. I had to stop a few times as my hearing started ringing then slowly switched to a white noise sound, it caused my headache to spike even worse. I noticed Amy was taking breaks almost as much as was and grunting in pain every now and then. "Amy are you okay?" I asked when I was close enough.

"I'm fine....Almost...Got it!" She grunted, the sound the rope snapping and her arms falling to her side. She immediately brought both of her hands up to her head and cradled it for a second as she stood. "Okay, your turn." She said coming to stand behind me.

"Okay." I said nodding. I was not at the top of my game for some reason. Getting hit in the face with a branch couldn't cause that much damage could it. I groaned when the white noise started back up. Amy stopped tugging on my ropes to cradle her head again and groaned as well.

"Adam....Ar-Are you hearing what I'm hearing?" She asked when the moment passed.

"Yeah. Are you too?" I asked her. My arms falling to my side when she pulled away the final knot. I couldn't let my arms hang though. The pin pricks that were starting to set in they made my right arm ache even worse that I started to cradle it. Where was my sling anyway? I looked around the shed we had been left in. It honestly looked like a junk shed.

"Yeah. You don't think....that, well, you know....?" She gave me a look.

I honestly wasn't sure what she was talking about, so I just let me head tilt to one side. It really was just too much work to hold it up. It was so inviting to just sit back down in the chair that I had been tied to, but it was also a little disturbing to even think about sitting back down in a chair that had kept me prisoner a few moments ago.