Chapter 1

I do not own home and away, or the Braxton family.
Katie is my own character
Quick notes:
Set in about 2013 ish
Casey's alive
Ages changed a little for each character:
Brax - 30 Heath - 27 Kyle - 22
Casey - 18 Katie - 15
*******
The black Ute pulled up in the driveway, headlights illuminating the house in front. Katie stood by the sidewalk watching as they entered the front door, 2 men and a woman.
Darryl she thought. One of them was definitely him. He fit her mothers description perfectly, even after all these years.
She'd been waiting over an hour for someone to arrive home. After knocking on the door several times she'd realised they weren't in, wondering if the address was wrong but deciding on staying anyway; sitting on the curb. Many people had walked past her at this point, looking at her cautiously. None had bothered to question her, no one had even came close to her they just glanced over, looks of disgust or sympathy filling their faces.
She looked back over at the house pulling a small, crumpled piece of paper from her pocket and re-reading it, over and over like she had hundreds of times before. It was this address, this house, this family, she knew it was. But the need for reassurance was constant.
A wave of nerves suddenly washed over her as the current events dawned on her.
She was about to meet her family for this first time. 4 brothers she had never met before.
How would they react? Would they even care? Would they even want her in their lives?
The questions swirled around in her mind, breath quickening as she replayed each scenario over in her head. Them hating her, forgetting about her, dismissing her, kicking her out. It was an everlasting fear, a plague, gnawing at her from the inside.
She hadn't even realised she'd been walking, hadn't realised she'd been moving closer towards the house until her own knuckles rapping against the door had shook her from her nerve-ridden mindset.
Taking one last deep breath she pulled her hand away from the door, letting it fall limply at her side.
She looked expectantly, still twirling the paper round in her hands.
"You okay?" A voice said from behind making her jump slightly.
"Y-yeah. Yeah, I err, do you live here?" She asked smiling nervously up at him, finally at a loss for words.
The man looked at her, confused at the unfamiliar teenager on his doorstep. His face relaxed as he walked by her opening the door.
"You here for Casey?" He assumed, leaving the door ajar as he entered.
"Well, sort of."
He returned from inside the house, leaning on the door frame with a drink in his hand, bag having been slung down on the floor of the living room. His brows furrowed as he looked back down at Katie, taking a sip of his drink and tapping his fingers on the frame impatiently.
"You sure your okay?"
"Yeah, yeah. Your not Casey then? Kyle right. And your brothers are Darryl, Heath and Casey?" Her throat opened as she spoke, nerves leaving her as she looked at him. Kyle. She thought. This was actually Kyle Braxton.
"Yeah.."
"My names Katrina. But I go by the name Katie. I've been looki-"
"Kyle? Who is it mate?" A voice shouted from inside, cutting her off. Brax appeared behind him, looking me up and down before he glanced at Kyle.
"Think she's looking for Case, or you, I dunn-"
"I'm your sister." Katie cut in, words seemingly tumbling out of her mouth, unable to stop herself from finally admitting why she'd came here, why she was tripping over her words for the previous 10 minutes as she stood timidly at the door.
"I think you should come in." Brax replied, voice deep and rough as he spoke, turning away from the door and away from Katie.
*******
Hey guysssss
Sorry I've been gone for so long. But I've not been in the mood to write.
Here's a new story tho 🙃
Sorry it's short, the first few chapters probs will be short to be honest
Also, I'm going to start linking the song / songs I listened to when I write the chapters as I always listen to music when I write.
Thankyou lovelies
~ Katie 😍
xxx