Chapter 3

Soft, grainy sand tickled my feet, still damp from the retreating sea. I glanced over at the water in front of me, perfectly turquoise stretches of ocean glistening from the suns rays. The slaty air filled my nostrils whilst the gentle beating of the water against rocks provided relaxing noise.
I ambled along the sand taking as long as possible, embracing the salty sea breeze. The constant feeling of peace, being at ease with the world, it was perfect. The atmosphere was a huge change, but a good one at that. The polluted city air, the shouts of people, the constant whirring of vehicles was normal back home, it just came with living in the city. Summer Bay was the complete opposite of my regular day to day life. Tranquility, serenity, silence.
I turned slowly, heading back up the beach and towards Angelos once more. I'd gone for food but was desperate for a wander along the beach, having not gone there at all since my arrival.
"Hey, you hungry yet?" Brax motioned towards the kitchen as I walked back into the restaurant, "I could order some pizzas to go, or we could eat in here."
"If you don't mind." I replied, sitting down next to him at the bar.
"So, what's your life like ey? Your mother know your here."
I tensed slightly at his question. My mother. She'd kept the secret from me for 15 years, the fact I had a whole other family. Sure, when I was younger I'd questioned the lack of a father in my life, but his occasional visits told me everything I needed to know about him. He was useless, that was pretty much it. I'd always been curious about what his life away from us was, yet never bothered to ask, knowing how it made my mother feel. She was everything to me, and upsetting her killed me, therefore any heart-wrenching questions that dragged up her past usually remained unsaid.
That's why I'd gotten over her big secret after a while, especially once she'd agreed to tell me all about my brothers.
Suddenly, memories from this morning came flooding back. Telling my mam I was leaving to find my brothers broke her heart, I could see it all on her face, yet I left still. I loved her more than anyone, but I was not prepared to give up the chance to meet my brothers.
To cut a long story short, I didn't leave on the greatest terms.
"She knows, I'm just not sure she was happy about it." My lips pursed as I let out a sigh. "She told me about you guys so I could meet you, I'm just not sure she expected it to happen so soon."
"Soon?" Brax questioned, "Its been 15 years." He laughed.
"I only found out a few weeks ago. It was a shock to begin with but, I just didn't want to wait too long to meet you guys."
He laughed heartily, grabbing a knife as the food was placed down in front of us, nodding at the waitress when she left.
"I wouldn't tell Heath that," he started, smiling to himself as he spoke, "his egos big enough as it is."
We talked for a while, eating at the same time as the people around us buzzed with life. It was incredible to be where I was, the atmosphere was energetic yet slightly overwhelming. The flow of questions was constant, with my family wanting to know every detail there was about my life.
"I should go." I stated, cutting off the chatter coming from my family. The sun had completely gone in at this point and I had no clue how to navigate my way around this town.
"You're leaving?"
"I was gonna just stay in a motel for a few days until I had to go back. I wasn't really sure how this was going to turn out." I admitted, smiling to myself once I'd remembered my previous fears and how untrue they really were.
"No way." Brax declared, "you can stay at ours. If you want to obviously."
"Seriously?" My brows raised dramatically, looking over at my family in shock.
"You can't stay in a motel, Heaths staying at Biancas anyways, you can stay in his room, or the couch."
"Thanks." I smiled at him graciously.
"Your our sister," Kyle stated, "we can't chuck you out on the streets now can we?" 
The three brothers laughed, continuing their previous conversations and smiling around at one another.
*******
Another chapter
Sorry it's late and short 😑
The next few chapters are where the drama kicks in, so there you go if you've been waiting for that 😅
Thankyou lovelies
~ Katie 😍
xxx