Chapter 4

My stay at the Braxton home had lasted a lot longer than I'd originally anticipated. They'd given me a place to stay, food, family and just generally loved me. To start with I was nervous, slightly tense around the house even. The love they'd shown me was all I had wanted since I'd found out about them, but I felt as though I was a guest in their home, to begin with anyways. After several days I had grown incredibly comfortable around the entire family, finding my place with the Braxtons and learning where I fit into their crazy, messy world. It was easy after that, as if I had known them my entire life.
Initially I had only planned to stay several days, wanting to get to know my brothers before I left to go back to my normal life however, things don't always happen the way I intend them too. A few days had turned into a week, and a week had turned into two. Mum had called, of course. Every day she phoned, asking if I was okay, how my day had been, when I was coming home. Brax had asked too, questioning how my school would feel with me being here for weeks at a time, curious about my mother and her emotions too. My attempts to avoid the questions about home life were getting more obvious, resorting to changing blatantly the subject or just straight up ignoring them. Just the thought of having to leave Summer Bay and return to.. to him... It didn't bare thinking about.
I shook my head, jumping up from the couch and grabbing a jacket, heading out the door to keep my mind busy.

I gently sauntered along the beach, shoes off as I swung them around in my hand, letting my toes sink into the warm sand.
After my stroll along the beach I headed for Angelos, knowing my brothers would be at work, knowing I could pass the time by annoying them and having fun whilst doing it.
"Hey," Kyle nodded at me as he rushed around the restaurant, clearly swamped by the constant flow of customers, "what you doing today?"
"I was planning on doing nothing all day so this is more than enough for me." I laughed, turning every few seconds to face him as he moved around in a hurry, in and out of the kitchen with different dishes each time.
"Are you okay in here?" I watched Brax through the office window head in hands as he stared at the paperwork around him.
"Swamped." He replied. "Liv and Thomas have cancelled on me so now I'm the only person out here. Waiting tables and taking orders."
"I could help." I offered, following him around.
"You sure?"
"Yeah course. It's not like I have anything better to do."
"Thanks Katie." I grabbed an apron from the back and strolled into the kitchen, picking up a notepad and going back out front.

It had been several hours of waiting tables and I had started to regret my offer of helping out, but I wouldn't tell Kyle, just grumbled to myself and groaned every now and again like a moody teenager does. I had slightly given up on waitressing, resorting to talking to the kitchen staff instead, avoiding Kyle so I didn't have to do as many jobs.
"Katie." I heard from behind me, groaning as I turned, "there's tables to wait."
"Can I take your order." I smiled, pulling the paper and pen from my apron pocket and looking down at the man. My face dropped as I looked over at him, arms falling down my side. How was he here? How did he find me? What does he want from me?
"Katrina, I'm glad I found you." His tone deepened dramatically as he continued, reaching out to grab my wrist as he pulled my body closer to his. "It's about time you came home."
Looking into his eyes instantly alerted me to what was happening, finally making me realise what was going on and who was in front of me. He grasped my wrist tightly, his fingernails digging into my skin, fingers certain to leave bruises. I froze in my place, staring at him, unsure of what to do. My mind was telling me to run, screaming at me to pull away and go to my brothers, yet I couldn't move, couldn't process the idea of leaving. Just walking away seemed difficult for me to do.
"Time to leave Katie." A sickening voice rasped out, staring me down, chills moving up and down my spine.
He had found me. After so little time, he was here.
*******
Drama. Woooooo!
Thankyou all for reading this chapter, and I'm sorry it took longer than usual😫
Hope you all enjoyed ☺️
Thankyou lovelies
~ Katie 😍
xxx