Not a dream

Just felt like being depressing for once. Sooooo.........Here it is.

~Snowy

|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

I watched in horror as blood dripped to the ground. A figure stood protectively in front of me, shielding me and guarding me from the person who brought my nightmares into reality. I had always been hated and despised for what I had no control over. A demon they had called me. Everyone shunned me. All except one. My big brother. And now here we were, I was holding back my screams of terror while he took every hit for me. The dark figure of our tormentor advanced a step and struck again. This one, instead of the toying gashes they had lashed out, was fatal. The protective figure let out a scream and slipped in his own blood into a dying heap in front of me. 

"Brother!" I screamed and rushed towards him, my tears spilling over as I emerged from the shadows I had been cowering in.

"Run. Run for your life my dear sister. No time for goodbyes. Get out and run!" he hacked out as the life faded away from his eyes and he fell limp.

"I'm scared" I whimpered.

The murderous figure stood in the shadows. I had never been able to see his face, but now he knew I was there as well. He turned his eyes to me. Blood red, cold murderous eyes. They showed no surprise that I was there, no remorse that I had witnessed anything. 

My eyes widened in fear and I  shrunk away from his gaze. "Don't kill me!" I cried and began running away. "I don't wanna die!" 

I ran outside to the dark streets. Every light was out. Even the street lights were out. I ran down the street, stumbling in my panicked rush. Suddenly those blood red eyes were in front of me. I screamed and slid to a halt. I stared in horror at the figure who took my world away from me. I turned my gaze away in hopes that it was just a dream, that I'd wake up and everything would be normal again. That my brother would still walk in my room every morning and gently brush the hair out of my face as I slept then nudge me me awake with soft whispers of our plans for the day. He had always been by my side no matter what since our parents died.

My eyes widened when I saw slumped figures lying on the ground all around me. My neighbors. They were dead. Their blood splat against the wall. Their faces disfigured with slashes from a blade. 

Suddenly, I felt hot breath on my neck.

I froze. 

The murderer chuckled and whispered in my ear.

"Don't put you life in someone else's hands, they're bound to steal it away." Then he was gone.

A chill swept through me when his menacing voice carried through the wind and whispered to me.

"If you want to get out alive, run for your life like your pathetic brother said."

His laugh died away as the wind picked up and I crumpled to the ground in tears.

This was not a dream.