Where It All Began

A woman with slate black hair, and a man who seemed familiar both were in the room conversating with a smile. I looked around, moved my hands to see where I was. I was in a log cabin with a small fire pit. My heart dropped as I saw the child in the basket. Just hours old. The mother and the father were laughing together and hugging, but the man walked over to the fire pit and pushed at the ashes and the baby began to cry. The woman seemed not to notice and neither did the man, had they had children before? But that didn't matter, the baby screamed louder as the windows blew open and the woman screamed, dropping a wooden bowl onto the ground and turning. She stared as a man with a cape and helmet blew a hole in the side of the house and took a knife to her throat, dispatching her with haste. The man now came back and attacked the caped man but failed, he was flung to the other side of the room as the man came to the baby.

        "STOP!" I shouted but I couldn't move, I was strapped down into the chair. I jerked on the straps but I couldn't break free of them and my brain started to hurt. This was only a memory, that's what he said right? I just had to- get through it. The caped man bent down and raised the child up as his left hand went out to the side, keeping the father at bay against the wall.

        "Die, Little Phoenix!" and the baby was dead now to. The memories faded like a broken TV and I was thrown into a outside scene with a blazing fire. The father gently took the mother's body and placed her onto it and all I could do was stare.

        "Who are these people?" I said watching closer; I had recognized that man all to much. But at this time Xavier showed up next to me and he sat on the edge of his wheel chair.

        "This is your mother and your father, my dear. And this is interesting." He rubbed his chin and sat back, completely confused. "How is this possible?" 

        "Xavier who are they? Do you know them?" I tried to stand but still I was strapped into the chair.

        "One of them at least. Dakota, do you think you can get a memory of your view?" He turned me and I half nodded.

        "I'll do my best." And I was off. Trying to figure out how in the world was I suppose to get there. But when I did, a weird sensation filled my veins and suddenly I was encased with flames. (Rhymes HEHEHEHE) I was thrown out of the memory back to the one I had just left, Xavier gone this time. So I watched silently. The man was done burning and now it was several hours later and the baby still laid in the ash! Like the fire had not hurt her. Now the chair disappeared and I walked over, seeing that her skin was grey and her open little eyes were red. She looked directly at me and smiled then began to cry loudly, and when I looked around a few nuns had come over and this is what I started to remember. The nuns, Sister Avery and Brother Andrew were my parents for the longest time. And suddenly, I was a waken from my dreams.

        When I woke up I was on the floor and Storm was pushing at me.

        "Child, please wake- Oh! Charles!" She dragged me into her lap and held me close. My body ached and my brain hurt, like a major head ache from that little thingy that just happened. The wheel chair rolled over to me and I looked up and saw Xavier leaning over me. 

        "Dakota, we need a word in private." he said. His face was like stone, he didn't show any emotion but I could tell something was troubling him. Storm's arms clung around me a little too securely and I growled at her. I didn't like hugs and I didn't like people touching me- but something in her eyes... It was out of kindness, not pity. 

        "Charles. . ." Storm said in a warning way. 

        "Ororo. Please." Xavier gestured to the doors and she left. I was still laying on the floor, but noticed a certain someone was missing. Logan. The giant doors slammed shut and I jerked in surprise, was she really that upset by leaving me? "Dakota, the man you saw is very familiar to me." Xavier started, extending his hand out to mine. I refused it and stood myself, the feeling of dizziness causing me to trip over my own two feet.