Workaholic part 1

A sharp click resonated throughout the thriving viridian forest. Then another, followed by a splash of water.

"Click"

"Click"

"Click"

"Click-"

"WILL YOU STOP THAT!?" A furious voice screeched, breaking the once peaceful atmosphere. Nearby pokemon fled out of the bushes in terror from the sudden outburst.

"SSG, you're scaring the pokemon!" A voice rang out, clear he was disappointed.

"WELL THEN, HOW ABOUT YOU STOP MAKING THAT NOISE!" The female scolded brashly.

"I'll show you noise" muttered a young boy around 13. His usually warm gold eyes narrowed at his companion harshly.

Crystal looked up from her notes for a brief moment to glare at the boy. Only his silhouette was visible, the glaring lake behind him casting his front in shadow.

The catcher frowned, shooting daggers with her eyes. Why did he always have to bother her? He was just always so annoying!

Gold's silhouette, without warning, slumped. His shoulders drooping drastically. He fingered his cue absentmindedly as the stare off continued. A few times he opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it like a gaping magikarp.

Quite a while later, Crystal finally averted her eyes. Turning her focus back to her precious report.

One which was so precious to her, she couldn't even spare time for her friends, Gold bitterly thought.

Yet, it was true.

Lately, Crystal was focusing on her work solely. Skipping meals for days at a time. No interaction at all, just working night and day with no rest.

The breeder was worried.

If it weren't for him, she would have already wasted away. He constantly visited her house these days, convincing her to eat 3 meals, pushing her away from her keyboard, dragging her outside, tricking her into falling asleep;

Gold was the only reason she still looked healthy and well cared for.

The raven-haired boy's gaze hovered on his friend with concern. He couldn't keep this up forever, as a result of worry, he was starting to skip his meals.

Gold bit his lip, a small bead of blood forming.

~~▪◇▪~~
2

days later

Last time I saw him, 2 days ago, his golden eyes were full to the brim with worry, confusion, sorrow and fear. He managed a smirk and even his usual attitude but the haunted look never left his eyes.

Immediately, My forest green eyes noticed something was wrong.

Don't think I didn't notice how his clothes hung on him. Sure, they were always baggy but he seemed considerably thinner. Not by drastic measures, he was still healthy yet his appearance just seemed off. Maybe it was the lopsided goggles or the absence of skateboard, but Gold these days just wasn't being Gold.

~~⊙•■•⊙~~

1 month later

Blue had a keen observation, she could usually tell when things were off.

Like now.

Ever since a month ago, Crystal had stopped coming to meetings. Later, Gold followed.