[Chptr. 18]

Previously: Tap...tap...tap...tap...I heard footsteps behind me. My eyes became wide as I began walking a little faster. My heart started beating out of control due to how scare I am. Tap tap...tap tap...tap tap...The footsteps started coming faster towards me as I walked faster. I balled my fist, ready to face this mystery person. I turned around and jerked my fist back, ready to swing and came face to face with...

(AN: I was completely nervous writing this scene because it's so important in this story. There was so many different ways I pictured it to happen, but I settle on this...so I hope everyone likes it...xoxo)

Chapter 18

"Pongo!" I shouted, as relief lifting from my chest. The big, fluffy black dog just wagged its tail and held out its tongue, as I realized I was in front of Rachel's house. It was your average house: maroon window sheds, white picket fence, and yard evenly cut. I padded him on the head when all of a sudden, my phone rung from inside my purse; new text message.

Todd: Can we talk?

Me: Are you gonna keep bugging me about what's wrong whit me?

Todd: Of course, but that's not all I wanna talk 2 you about...

Me: Wat else?

Todd: Not that texting isn't fun, but I'd rather talk inn person, if u don't mind

Me: ....okay

Todd: okay so I'll be over your place inn 15 mins tops...

I closed my phone and put it back in my purse while eyeing the house again. It shouldn't take me that long in here, just get in and get out. I walked up the maroon brick pathway, made it to the porch, and rang the doorbell.

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10... I counted until I rang the doorbell again.

1...2...3...4...the door opened this time, but it wasn't one of Rachel's parents, it was her brother. What was his name...John...James...Jim! That's it! Gawd lee...I really gonna learn people's names. I looked at the driveway, Jims' car was the only one there. Great, so her parents aren't here, I thought sarcastically.

Jim was wearing some faded blue jeans with a plain dark blue t-shirt, and no shoes or socks. I tried to make eye contact, but it was like he didn't want me to see his eyes, he either looked away, or squinted. Wow, that's kind of weird, but I just shrugged it off and started with why I'm here.

"Hi, um, you may not remember me but-"

"I do," he cut me off, but I could tell he was making his voice higher than usual, another weird thing. When I talk to Rachel, I'm going to have to ask her what's up with her creepy brother.

"Oh good, so I'm here to retrieve my necklace that Rachel said was in her room. Can I go get it, or can you go get it for me?" A smile smirk came and left on his face, as he leaned against the door and gestured for me to come in.

I walked in, and the first thing I notice is the custom made fire place on the far right wall. It was made of some kind of tan marble, which went well with the brown furniture and white carpet. I looked up and noticed a mini crystal clear chandelier hanging above the smooth, shiny, wood coffee table that stood between the couch and the fire place. Looking straight, you can see the table in the kitchen.

I turned to look at Jim, and I caught him staring at me butt. Ugh! Pervert much? "So which room is Rachel's?" I asked, trying to draw his attention back to my face. He didn't speak, he just walked, and I followed. Then he pointed to a door that was just down the hall on the right and walked back to the living room. Why couldn't he just say that?