[Chptr. 12]

Chapter 12

A couple of days passed and I didn't leave my room. I was literally too scared t even go outside to the mailbox. He knew my name, he knew Todd. What else does he know? My parents knock on the door everyday to make sure I was okay. I hadn't been to school and I wasn't planning on going back, but my parents didn't know that because they leave before I go and come home after me.

My phone rings off the hook, but I don't bother to answer it. Who could be calling me when I barely talked to anyone at school; expect for Rachel, and Kevin...and Todd. Rachel comes over every day after school to give me the latest gossip. "So Selene's all over Todd now that you haven't been in school," she'd say. I'd just laugh it off. Todd and I didn't exactly end on the right note.

After our so called make-out session in the bathroom, he basically said he regretted it. It made me feel small, because I thought it was amazing. "Everyone's been asking me about you, you know. Apparently, there's a video of you singing going around the school or something," she'd say.

So that's why that guy had his cell phone out during chorus class; he was recording me. I'd just tell her to just ignore their questions. "Kevin's asked about you too," she'd say.

It was Thursday, and I hadn't been at school since last Friday. I couldn't face the students there, especially in the condition I've been in. "Todd's been constantly nagging me about where you are and if everything's alright with you. He seems really worried. He asked if I've seen you lately, and what you've been up to," she said when she came over my house after school today.

I just shrugged my shoulder to show her I didn't care about him. "What happened between you and Todd? At the party you two were all over each other, and now you're ignoring him?" she asked.

"Well, we had the most amazing make-out session I've ever had. I mean, he really knows how to work his hands. Anyway, Kevin walked in on us, and when he left, Todd was all 'we shouldn't have done this'," I explained.

"Ouch," she replied. That was all she said. My mind automatically flew to the scene when I was attacked. It's like every time I think of that pool party, I think of that night. I shivered; I get scared just thinking that the guy is out there, probably watching me. I still get shaken up.

The next day, Friday, I told her she didn't have to come over today, although she hesitated, she said okay. My face and mid-section was pretty much healed, except for a scar above one of my eyebrows, thank God I'm a fast healer. I threw on a pair of white sweatpants and a light yellow muscle shirt. I pulled my hair back into a pony tail, although my bangs had a mind of its own.

Ever since the attack, I felt a little exposed wearing my normal clothes. I filled up a bowl full of popcorn and turned on the television in the front room; some kind of soap opera was on. All of a sudden; the bell rung. Rachel. I told her I she didn't have to come today. I sat the popcorn on the coffee table and opened the door, preparing to tell her to come on in until I realized it wasn't her.

It was Todd. At first, we just stood there looking at each other, until I finally found my voice. "Todd? What...what are you doing here?" He didn't answer, he just looked at me with concern and guilt. Realizing I was standing outside, I motioned for him to come in. I was kind of scared to be outside, my attacker may be watching. I remember him telling me not to tell Todd, because he'd hurt him.

As I shut the door, I looked out the window to make sure no one saw me; I've been paranoid a lot lately. Then as I turned around, I noticed Todd still looking at me. He quickly scanned my body up and down, eyeing my sweats and ponytail.

Yeah, you're not use to seeing me dressed so casual. Usually I'm all dolled up with tight pants and heels on. "I wanted to see you," he confessed, finally speaking. "You haven't been at school all week. I was kind of worried, especially with the way we left things."