Chapter 2: Old Friends

Selena POV

"Selena, you have a visitor here." My coworker, Vickey announced. I looked at her in surprise, wondering who was here to see me? Maybe my parents? I raised my eyebrow at her and she just smiled shrugging her shoulders. "They told me not to ruin the surprise."

"Oh, does Selena have a boyfriend she hasn't told us about?" Shiloh teased from next to me. I stuck my tongue out at him and he mimicked the behavior.

"Tell them, I'll be there in about 5. I just need to finish this report." I said, and she nodded, going off to the front lobby. Vickey worked at the front lobby entrance as I worked in the back-lobby entrance.

"Seriously, Selena, who could be surprising you? Only a boyfriend would do that."

"Well I don't have a boyfriend, so I don't know who it could be other than my parents." I wondered.

"Maybe it's Kaylie?" Shiloh questioned.

"Then Kaylie would be grounded because she's supposed to be at school." I replied looking at the clock seeing it was only 11:30. I got up from my seat and went ahead and grabbed my purse since I would be taking my lunch in 15 minutes anyway. My boss wouldn't mind. "I'm going to go ahead and take my lunch as well. You got it from here, right?"

"Yeah, don't sweat it." Shiloh waved off and I smiled and went to the front lobby entrance wondering who would surprise me.

It could be my parents-I mean they do work, but they have come to my work to have lunch with me before.

Or it could be Ryan-then I remembered he was away on business.

I knew for sure it wasn't Justin, unless he had finally signed the divorce papers, but I doubt that has happened yet.

Maybe Sasha is back in town with Jaden and they wanted to surprise me? Now that's a surprise I would definitely love to see.

Then, I thought about Demi. Could it possibly be her? Even after all of these years, I still have hope that my best friend would come back. Then I thought of the betrayal I have done to her and couldn't quite possibly explain this situation between Ryan and me.

"Always deep in thought, aren't you Selena? Soon, that's going to get you in trouble." I heard a familiar voice rang in my ear.

I snapped out of my thinking and looked up to see a dark-haired girl I haven't seen in forever. I nearly screamed.

"TORI!" I said in disbelief and we both ran up to each other, giving one another a hug. When we pulled away, we gave each other a glance over. "What are you doing here?"

"Andy's firm transferred him back here, so we hurried up and packed our things." Tori smiled.

"When did you get here?" I asked.

"Just a few hours ago." Tori replied. "Come on, let's go get some lunch and I'll tell you all about it."

Tori and I went to Panera for lunch. She told me how it was hard for them to get adjusted in London at first when Andy got moved there for his job, but after a few months they got used to it. She explained to me that I would have to go back and visit London with her soon, so she could show me all the best places to shop, eat or just relax.

Then she told me about how a few months ago, Andy's firm told him they needed him back here, in Boca Ranton, and he immediately accepted. For a few months, they stayed in London though, so they could house hunt so when they moved back, they had a place to live. I mentioned that they could've stayed with me until they found a place, but Tori mentioned they thought about that but didn't want to intrude. Especially since what happened between George and Kaylie.

They did find a house, about 15 minutes away from where I live, and that George would be starting school tomorrow. He and Andy were at the house now unpacking.

I wondered how Kaylie would react to George being back. I know she has her current boyfriend, Winston, but she and George had so many memories, I wondered what she would think.

"You, Andy and George should come over for dinner tonight." I announced.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Tori asked.

"I think it's better for Kaylie and George to see each other now, then to run into each other at school, don't you think?" I proposed, and Tori agreed.

The rest of lunch, I explained what had happened to me for the past 2 years since they've been gone. Not once did Tori judge me, but she agreed with me on Justin needing to sign the papers. She mentioned to me that I may have to get a lawyer to force Justin to sign the papers. Although I wanted to avoid that as much as possible, I knew it was probably the only option.

That evening, I prepared dinner. Baked chicken, green beans, macaroni and cheese, mixed fruit, apple sauce (upon Evan and Esther's request) and my homemade sweet tea (upon Tori's request).

Ryan couldn't join dinner tonight due to his job having him out of town for a business meeting and training. Of course, Justin was not joining, or at least he hasn't said anything. I casually left a message on Justin's phone, but as usual, no word back. Kaylie had try outs, so I knew she would be a little late.

Around 6, Tori, Andy, and George showed up with grinning faces, Tori holding a freshly baked chocolate cake in her hand.

"Tori, you knew you did not have to bring dessert!"

"Of course, I had to! I knew you would forget to make it." She smiled, and I laughed because I did indeed forget about desert.

"Well, come on in." I grinned moving to the side for them to enter.

Esther yelled in joy when she saw their familiar faces. Evan was a bit scared but warmed up soon after I introduced them.

"Where's Kaylie?" Tori asked looking around.

"She's on her way. Try outs must've lasted longer than planned." I addressed.

"She's still on the cheer team?" I heard George speak for the first time tonight.

"Yep and she's doing great." I beamed. "Let's go ahead and get started on dinner.

About ten minutes into dinner, I heard the front door open and close and Kaylie yelling from the living room that she was home. I looked over to George and saw him tense up a bit, but he had a big grin on his face that fell when Kaylie mentioned Winston.

"I hope it's okay that I invited Winston." Kaylie announced as she walked into the dining room.

She wasn't paying much attention, but when she finally looked up and saw George, I knew I made a mistake by inviting them over too soon without warning Kaylie.

Especially since Winston would be here soon.

+

Kaylie's POV story (The Lucky One) has been updated as well!