-39-

This is for ShampienBT :*

"Maxene..." Waldrin muttered in an awed voice when he saw Maxene seating on his couch. They just finished dinner and he had been waiting for her since this afternoon. 

Agad siyang lumapit sa kasintahan and cupped her face. Namumugto ang mga namumula niyang mata. 

"Hey baby, what's wrong?" He sat besides her and wrapped her in his arms. 

"What happened?" He asked again pero ang mga mumunting hikbi lang nito ang sumasagot sa kanya. "Calm down first, do you want anything? Juice? Water? Nagdinner ka na ba?" Maxene wrapped her arms around him and made herself comfortable. 

"I need someone to talk to..." Maxene sniffed. Waldrin brushed her hair at masuyong hinalikan ang tuktok ng ulo nito. 

"I am here." He said. 

Nag-angat ng katawan si Maxene and looked at Waldrin who looks so worried. His hand immediately caress her face wiping the tears on her cheeks. 

"Can you get me a drink? Vodka perhaps or the strongest one you can handle." Natigilan si Waldrin sa sinabi nito. 

"No, that's not good---"

"Please... I wanna let all these out. Ayoko na ng may kinikimkim. Ayoko ng pahirapan ang sarili ko." Waldrin's eyes grew wider when Maxene break down in front of him. Halos hindi niya alam kung anong gagawin niya. 

She looks so hurt and so sad and his heart clenches with that view.

"Ssshhh sorry... I'll go get some but first, I want you drink some water in my fridge." He said as he wiped again her tears. Tumango si Maxene sa kanya, she looks like a lost child. And he can't help but admire her even more. She looks more of an angel for him kahit luhaan ito. He heaved a sigh at lumabas na ng kwarto niya. 

He was holding a tray when he returned to his room. Naabutan naman niya si Maxene na nakasandal sa sofa at may hawak na baso ng tubig. He fixed the drinks on his mini table at muling tumabi kay Maxene. 

He guided her head towards his shoulder at masuyong hinahaplos ang buhok nito. 

"I found Christine." Maxene uttered muling nanginig ang katawan nito. Waldrin's left arm wrapped around her habang ang isang kamay nito'y nagsasalin ng alak sa basong may yelo. Iniabot niya ang baso kay Maxene and she immediately drank it like it was just a water. 

"Relax baby... I'm hear to listen... Take your time, I won't go anywhere." His hand brush her shoulder and Maxene felt comfortable with it. The vodka or whatever it is, helped to calm her nerves. 

Hanggang sa makuha na niya at maipon ang lakas ng loob na magkwento kay Waldrin na kanina pa siya pinapanood. He was not drinking hardly, para na rin mabantayan niya ng mabuti si Maxene.