Hold Me

~MAI'S POV~

Naru stares out his window as if he's trying to pretend I'm not here. I close my eyes and focus on my take out, not wanting to know what he really thinks of me.

"The food is really good, thank you," I say quietly hoping he won't respond in his usual coyness. I take a bite of my chicken and then place my plate on the edge of the coffee table. I was expecting a normal apartment not a penthouse, I don't know why, I guess I was just hoping he had a hidden humility somewhere. But, it's very apparent he doesn't.

He leaves his plate at the end of the coffee table and leans back into the chair as if stretching. He's a monster, I know that, he doesn't think of anyone but himself, so why do I want him? A sly smile creeps on his face, his voice sounding superior when he says, "you should see the look on your face, Mai. What are you thinking about?"

Blood rushes to my cheeks and I stare at the cream colored carpet. I hear him stand up and I stutter, "I-I wa-wasn't thinking about anything." A warm hand caresses my cheek and I look up into Naru's sparkling midnight blue eyes. He sits down next to me, his fingers tracing my jawbone.

"I didn't mean you looked funny, you looked beautiful." He says, I avert my gaze and stare straight ahead so I don't have to see him saying these things to me. "You were always beautiful." His fingers trace my bottom lip.

My heart is racing in my chest, I wanted this for so long. But, for some reason my voice is uncertain when I say, "Naru, why are you doing this to me?"

His breath tickles my ear as he says, "look at me Mai." He gently turns my head towards him and I see him smiling at me, "I'm doing this because it took me too long to realize what I needed, what I wanted. I love you, Mai."

He kisses me gently on the lips his fingers tangled in my hair. I sit there frozen for a moment, focusing on my pounding heart. "Naru, I love you too." I kiss him hard on the lips and he pulls me into his lap.

He deepens the kiss pulling me against him like he needs me to survive. I put my hands on his heartbeat frantic. His hands drop to my hips and he pull me even closer. I wrap my arms around his neck, his hands slide up the inside of my shirt setting fireworks off on my skin.

~~~~~
~NARU'S POV~

"Good morning," I say to the girl in my arms,  her beautiful eyes staring into mine. I kiss her forehead and she rests her head against my bare chest. Mai Taniyama, I never thought we'd be here.

She smiles and says, "we need to get up, we have work today." I sigh and run my fingers through her soft hair.

"I don't ever want to leave." I say, but reluctantly push myself out of bed.