Maybe One Day

Mai POV
The air chilly and biting against the bare skin of my thighs and calves. I look at the shattered glass that litters the floor, blood soaked carpet, and words scrawled against the wall. But, all in all this is still my dorm, this is still my room. Monk is waiting outside like I asked him to, but he's ready to pounce at the first sign of trouble.

"Who are you and what do you want with me?" I ask into the empty room, knowing that he's listening to me. I'm his target and as soon as I'm on this campus I can feel his creeping presence . A cold hand brushes across my should and glowing eyes stare at me from the wall. "Answer me Spirit!" I demand.

A chin rests on my shoulder, a hand brushes my abdomen. Chills race up my spine, "Taniyama's girl, I can smell him on you, I can smell that wretched woman on you too." The words are like solid ice being shoved into my ears.

I clench my jaw and shout, "who the hell are you!?" The beast moves off of me, but I can still feel it nearby.

"Are you telling me you don't remember dear girl?" The voice is kinder this time more familiar. I close my eyes, I know this voice, I know it. "You don't remember you're own uncle, Mai? What a shame poor girl."

My body clenches up and ice fills my veins. I'm unable to move, unable to speak. Hands brush my sides and wrap around me familiarly.

"Oh, and I still haven't told you why I wish to wipe my brother's precious daughter off of the face of the earth, have I?" I can see his face in my mind, my uncle's, he was always....so kind to me. "Well you see I can't let a spoiled brat like you ruin the family name now can I? Just like my brother you received everything you could ever have wished for. In fact, he even took away the one thing I ever held dear, my fiancée."

I remember now my uncle had been killed a few weeks before my parents death in a car accident. It was after the college had found out he was stealing my father's research and passing it off as his own. He had nothing left to live for and it was even speculated that he committed suicide.

"He stole everything from me, my ambition, my love, my parents, my life." Darkness tinged the edges of my vision. My knees begin to tremble, " so now I'll take the one thing that was ever truly his. His beloved daughter, Mai the last of the Taniyamas." My vision blurs and abruptly goes blank, my body becomes numb until it hits the floor and pain fills every crevice if my being. I can feel blood pouring down my neck, staining my clothes and I hear the door slam open.

Naru POV
Mai is toppled in the floor, her body getting colder each passing second. I can't stop myself I race down the hallways and burst through the door, "if it isn't Prince Charming coming to the rescue, you can't save her." The horrible hissing voice shouts at me.

"Mai!" I race to her side turn her over onto her back chase her heartbeat down on her neck. The faint, dying thump barely there. Her eyes are closed and she doesn't seem to be breathing.

Her skin is cold to the touch. And I know that she's gone, completely gone.

Tears run down my face faster than pouring rain. Cold fear and loneliness pricks every nerve in my body. She's gone. Mai is gone.

Mai is dead.

-I hope you all liked this there will be a sequel coming soon- Now up HELL INSIDE sequel to Past Nightmares