My Girl

~Mai POV~
There's a knock on the door, "it's probably just my neighbor, ignore it." Monk says breathlessly his mouth separating from mine for only a split second. A second knock echoes through the apartment, but he just pulls me closer against him.

"Monk, I can't find Mai!" It's Naru's voice that booms into the apartment. I close my eyes, I knew he'd come back for me, but he doesn't get to do that. He kisses my forehead and smiles at me.

Lifting me up with him he places me down on my feet. He smiles down at me, "I should deal with him, you should go to the bathroom, ok?" I nod and turn to leave him. But he grabs my wrist and pulls me against him one last time and kisses me, "I'm glad you chose me."

When I close the door behind me I hear Naru's voice, "where is she, Monk? I need to talk to her." I close my eyes this could be destructive.

~Naru's POV~
I can smell her, sweetness and strawberries. Why would she choose him, he isn't right for her? But, he looks at me with faked confusion and concern.

"Naru, I don't know what you're talking about, maybe you're too stressed with work." He says smiling at me kindly. He continues speaking, but I can hardly even hear him, "you can come in, I'll make you some tea if you'd like."

He opens the door and I walk into his small apartment. Couch pillows have fallen to the floor and Monk's clothes are rumpled. He walks into the kitchen and puts water into a pot to boil, "Mai, I need to talk to her, do you know where she is?"

Monk looks at me and smiles, "I'm sorry I don't." He lies to me and turns from making tea.

I turn away this is getting us nowhere, he looks at me with his lying eyes. A triumphant smile lingers on his face, "Monk, I need to know, Mai is very important to me." I say a slight rise beginning to show in my voice.

"You think I don't know that?" He snaps at me, his smile disappearing, "I care about her too! And you abandoning her here was not fair to her! She loved you!"

"She still loves me!" I shout back drawers slamming around us. He stares at me disbelief in his eyes.

Monk reaches up and slaps me across the face. He shouts, "how do even know that?" My face stings.

"Could you please just stop!" Mai shouts closing a door behind her. Her eyes are filled with tears and my heart aches a little. She's beautiful even with tears in her eyes, she's my girl. And Monk can't have her.

~Mai POV~
I look at them in the kitchen, one of Naru's cheeks is bright red. Monk must've slapped him, I can't believe Monk would do that though. Naru looks at me, his eyes seeing beneath my outer layer, truly seeing me.

He reaches out but Monk pushes his arm down and glares at him. This isn't like Naru, he looks so vulnerable. "Can we please just solve this case so I don't have to see either of you again!" I shout tears welling my eyes.