Chapter 36: "Of course I won't, I'm not an excercise type of person."

this is not the last chapter!! there will be more chapters coming up ! x

Chapter 36: "Of course I won't, I'm not an excercise type of person."

          mareen's pov.

            That day was the worst possible day I could've had. The flight I was in had fans of Liam, so they were constantly getting up and asking me questions about him. I tried telling them that I wanted sleep but there were so many more coming up to me. I almost thought the entire plane was filled with fans, they're crazy.

I got home, my parents cried when they saw me. My mom was always hugging me and my little brother even gave me a gift, his stupid stuffed animal that we bought him when he was two. I shouldn't call it stupid, but it's a habit.

It's been a week, a miserable one. Noelle and Alex texts me everyday, Niall has text me about three days. I know he is avoiding me, I wonder if Liam told him about the—

No, I shouldn't. You're here to forget him, okay Mareen?

Okay.

Feck, that reminds me of him too. 

At this point what doesn't remind me of him?

I've been trying not to think of him, and I have succeeded, the thing is that I only manage to for short periods of time. The longer ones are wasted in me trying to run scenarios in my head of how we could've met in other circumstances and maybe, just maybe, we would've had a different type of love story.

Not that I am not grateful for the 'love story' of ours. It's just that I dragged all these people around me and made them suffer. Luke. I feel incredibly guilty, I've been dodging his calls and his texts, I never even said goodbye.

He did kiss me when I was unconcious, I should be mad. But I understand him, because if I was in his posiiton I would've done the same. Perhaps that is the problem, me and Luke are practically the same people. Maybe I wanted to be with someone who would surprise me, who would be different. Luke is the person I am now, but Liam is the person I aspire to be (in a weird, non-alcoholic way).

I should stop thinking about him, I should. But it is impossible, you see. My thoughts are stars that cannot fathom into constellations.

I should really bloody stop quoting The Fault in Our Stars or I'll have another crying session. 

+

My feet trail through the stairs quickly, like I have the steps memorized. The smell in the air makes me even hungrier than I am, my feet quicken its pace into the kitchen. I find my dad cooking some pancakes with another thing on the side I don't recall what it is, but I already know it'll taste good. Perks of having a dad as a chef, no wonder why Noelle stayed almost every day for dinner. That girl.

I devour my breakfast without complications and run back into my room. It's such a beautiful day, I should go out for a walk. 

Psh.

Of course I won't, I'm not an excercise type of person.

My phone vibrates beside me, I scan the caller i.d., should I? I should.

"I don't think she's gonna— oh my God she—"

"Hi Mareen!" Alex cuts Harry off while screaming.