5.

Paris

I swear this year was going by extremely fast. It was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and I had a exam for each four of my classes between Monday and Tuesday.

Before I know it, I'll be walking across a stage obtaining my high school diploma and also my AA.

I couldn't believe how fast the days and months were going by, and how much closer I am to entering the University of Chicago as a seventeen year old Junior.

"Miss Paris, Ms. Duncan needs you." I laughed as my baby, Kimmy, pulled me.

"Okay, Blossom, I'm coming." I giggled. The night I took Kimmy and her friends trick-or-treating, they told me they would like to be called Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup.

I walked through the halls of It's My World, looking at all the pictures of the kids having fun.

It was something I've been doing for the past three years that I volunteered here. I just couldn't get over how happy these kids were, even though they didn't really have much of a family. Seeing the kids here smiling all the time really touched me. It taught me that you need to enjoy every moment in your life and not dwell on the things that aren't perfect.

"Hey Ms. Duncan." I greeted as I walked into the room.

"Hey baby, thank you Kimmy." Kimmy politely said you're welcome before leaving out of the room.

"I just love them." I nodded in agreement.

"How can you not?" She gave me a warm smile before offering up a chair that sat in front of her chair.

"It is nearly impossible." She giggled.

I looked around the office to see more pictures drawn by the kids hung up all around.

"I just wanted to bring you in here to tell you that I am increasing your pay."

A small gasp slipped between my lips.

"Increasing my pay, I'm not even supposed to be getting paid at all Ms. Duncan. I'm just supposed to be volunteering here." I explained to her.

"I understand that. But the things you do here with these kids, there is no way you shouldn't be getting paid the same amount as the full time workers here. You could be out there partying yet, you just chose to go to school, study, and spend time here with these kids. You deserve it Paris." I smiled.

"Are you-"

"I am positive. I just wanted to let you know before you receive your envelope tomorrow and be confused." She gave a small smile.

"Thank you so much." I gushed.

"You're welcome. Now go home child, you've been here since eight this morning." She stood up from her chair and pushed my out of the room.

"Okay, I'm going home." I laughed. "Goodnight Ms. Duncan."

"Goodnight sweetie. Get home safely you hear me?"

"Yes ma'am." I gave her a hug before going into the room made for employees and volunteers to grab my items.

Once I got in my car, I called my mother to see if she needed anything.