1.

Paris
August 15, 2013

I looked at my pleading friends as they kept asking over and over.

"Pair, please! You haven't been to one party allll summer." Ashiya whined.

"Yeah! We're starting senior year and who knows when we would see you again!" There goes June 🙄.

"Yeah cause you prolly gon be too busy at college." Teagan mumbled while rolled her eyes.

Ashiya, June, and Teagan were my best friends. I met Ashiya in sixth grade who introduced me to June in the ninth grade, and also to Teagan sophomore year when she came to Chicago from New York.

All of my friends were pretty with a nice shape.

Ashiya is a red/ yellow bone mixed being Jamaican and Haitian, how that happened I don't even know. She stood at 5'6" with a nice Coca-Cola body shape. Let's just say she was a brick house. She was the oldest, being seventeen.

Then there was June who's also seventeen. She's Spanish, being that both of her parents were born and raised in Spain. She's 5'8" and is on the thicker side with big breasts and a "white girl" butt but was also fit.

Teagan is turning seventeen next week and was from the Bahamas and was also light skinned. Her and Ashiya were basically the same size from bras to panties to shoes. She stood at 5'8" also.

And then there was me.

I was the outcast of the group.

I was just plain ole Black American. Dark skinned. Size 34 B cup. 4'11". I had curves, thighs and a butt, however, my butt was nothing compared to Ashiya's or Teagan's.

I'm also the youngest of the group. Being that I skipped the first grade, I don't turn seventeen until April.

"Fine I'll go tomorrow. But I'm driving by myself just in case I want to leave early." I gave in.

"Deal." They all shouted at the same time, making me cringe.

That was another thing about the four of us, our personalities. The three of them were loud for no reason ninety percent of the time, while I am always quiet. They're the party types, I'm the alone type. In school, they would mingle with other people and get involved in sports and other activities, while when I wasn't with one of them, I was to myself.

~

"I can't believe you're wearing that." Ashiya groaned

"What's wrong with my outfit?" My small, unsure voice took over my body.

"You ain't showing nuthin." I smacked my lips at Tea.

I had on Black high waisted jeans with a white crop top with sleeves down to my elbows, my wheat timbs, and gold accessories.

"I'll be fine. Can we go?" I grabbed my crossover bag that held everything I needed and turned my bedroom light out.

"Damn a bitch couldn't wait for us to walk out." I just knew Teagan rolled her eyes as we walked to the front of my two story home.

My house wasn't huge, however it was the biggest out of the four of us. We had four bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms. Why we had all this space? I have no idea.

"Mommy, we're leaving." I kissed my beautiful mother's, Love, cheek.

"Okay baby. Y'all be safe and have fun."

"We will."

"You told your mom where we were going?" June asked me once I locked the front door.

"Yeah. There's no sense in lying to her. I have nothing to hide." I shrugged my shoulders.

Ashiya and Teagan were the main ones lying to their parents about where they were going. I didn't mind going along with the lie as long as they weren't saying they were with me and they really wasn't.

~

Thirty minutes into the party and I was already ready to leave.

"I'm going to just leave." I spoke to a hugged up Ashiya.

"Yo y'all just got here." I gave a stale face to her boyfriend.

"Yo Micka leave her alone." She rolled her eyes, unwrapping herself from him.

"We just got here Pair, just stay for thirty more minutes." She pleaded.

I looked around, taking in all of the bumping and grinding going on.

"No, I'm okay." I said softly.

"Okay. Well drive safely." She said sadly.

"I will. Love you." She kissed my cheek.

"Love you too Pair."

On my way outside, I dugged in my purse for the keys to my 2012 Honda Accord Coupe.

"Paris what's wrong?" I giggled when my mom answered on the first ring.

"Mommy I'm fine, I was just telling you that I was leaving the party."

"Whew. What happened? Why are you leaving?" She asked me.

"You know that's not my environment." I sighed. I really only went to make my friends happy.

"Oh okay. Are you coming home?" I heard a voice in the background.

"It sounds like you have company." I laughed.

"Yes, but-"

"No. No. Mom, go ahead. I'll go to the movies or something." I stopped her.

"You're always going somewhere by yourself. You know this is Chicago right?" She warned me.

"Mommy, I'm going to be fine. I bet Chicago is just like Miami or Compton or any other neighborhood. I'm tired of people always making a face when they talk about Chicago like it's the home of killing." I rolled my eyes. That was one of the many things that irritated me.

"Okay baby. Just be safe and let me know where you are." She told me.

"I will mom."

"Okay. Love you, later." I smiled. We weren't allowed to end a phone call without saying 'love you' nor were we allowed to say 'bye'.

"Love you too."

Just a fair warning...
I do not know ANYTHING about living in Chicago!
I hope that what I plan to cover in this book do not offend anyone who lives in or are from Chicago, Illinois.
This book will be based on what I heard or seen about Chicago due to other people, tv, or movies.
I hope I actually change some people's point of view about life or even open a few eyes, especially with Paris' character.
I hope y'all enjoy. 😘