3.

Paris

Two months has passed, making it the end of October.

Two months and there was already a space placed between my best friends and I.

I honestly believed it was my fault that they barely talk to me anymore because I don't like going out to parties with them, which is all they really do.

Whenever they would go to the movies or something that does not involve illegal activity, I always go. But the last time we really hung out was for Teagan's birthday.

I'm not surprise that we're drifting apart again, but I really don't like it.

"Professor Hardley shouldn't p hat equal 3.42?" I questioned. The only thing I was really confident in voicing my opinion in was math.

"Yeah." I heard a few other people mumble.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Thanks for catching that," she laughed.

"Okay, that's all for the review. If you all want to stay for the remainder of the class time to go over more questions, you can. Other than that, see you all Wednesday. Don't forget, midterm exam two is next class at the same time. " Prof. Hardley ended the class about twenty minutes early, per usual.

I watched as the entire class pack their things and left.

"Miss Gray, why I am not surprised that you are the only one who stayed?" We laughed.

"Because I would like to continue to have a one hundred and three percent in your class and not just pass it like most of the people here." She laughed.

"You understand that this is Statistics and that all you need is a ninety-five to not have an A- right?" I nodded.

"Yes, but I save lower grades for my other classes. I have to have a great grade in a math class. That's just who I am." I spoke softly.

"Well, let's get started shall we?" I agreed.

"With the textbook, I was wondering why the answer was the answer for some of the problems. I got the questions right, but only because I memorized how you did them in class. I don't understand exactly why I did what I did though."

"Okay. No problem."

*

"Good afternoon Texas, France." I giggled at the owner of Jelina's, a local coffee shop. I come here just about everyday after I'm done with all of my classes for the day to study and everyday she greets me the same.

Texas, France began one day she asked me my name. I had been going to her shop on a daily and she had noticed. Telling her my name was Paris, she asked if I was named after the Paris in Texas or France. After I told her I didn't know, she gave me the nickname Texas, France.

"Hi Ms. Jelina." I gave her a brief hug.

"How did your exam go today?" She asked me.

"I did okay. I shouldn't have anything less than an eighty-six." I gave off a random percentage, as usual.

"You just love saying eighty-six and seven." We laughed.