Cake Pops

Cake Pops

I couldn't control myself Monday during class. Sugiyama sat diagonally in front of me, and I couldn't stop staring at him. I'm not into him. I'm not into him! He must have been drunk when he kissed me the other day. There is no way he likes me. That's just wrong.

"Lunch!" The teacher called out as he dashed out of the classroom. He always seems so excited to leave the classroom. I guess I wouldn't blame him. I hate kids too.

"Yo Matsuda, why you sweating so much?" Ken stared at me awkwardly.

I can't tell Ken! I can't! He will just blabber his fat mouth, and everyone would know.

"Uh..no reason. I'm just not feeling well."

"You need to go to the infirmary?" He arches his brow.

"Nah. She never does anything but gives me water."

"Yeah." He agreed and laughed.

I stared at Sugiyama who was eating his lunch alone. Normally he would join us or have a bunch of his friends around him, but today he was isolated. I almost felt bad, and wanted to ask him to join.

"You miss your boyfriend?" Ken joked.

"Shut up." I growled.

I heard Sugiyama's chair shift. He carried his bag and lunch, and left the room. I stood up afterwards as well, and ran towards him. I didn't know what was causing my body to move on it's own, but I couldn't stop.

Sugiyama was fast. By the time I left the classroom, I saw him making his way to the roof. I ran after him not caring how ridiculous I looked.

I busted open the door to the roof, and saw him sitting next to the door with a cake pop in his hand. His eyes went wide as he saw me.

"Imoto, what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I should ask you that. You never come up here anymore since you ate with me and Ken."

"Well, I figured you were avoiding me." He blinked.

"How?"

"This morning I said hello, you went to hide behind your friend. During gym when I called you to pass me the ball you ended up tripping and kicked it to someone else. When I would ask you to partner up with me, you would leave the room."

I began sweating. I guess I was avoiding him, but how could I not? "Ah sorry...I'm so sorry. I just...I..."

"It's okay. Not everyone can handle me. I honestly just wanted to eat these cake balls privately."

"Oh god..it's cake pops." I face palmed.

"But they look like delicious creamy balls to me. Which I love." He licked the pop.

"Ehh..if you enjoy that stuff, I won't judge or discriminate.."

"Who wouldn't love sweet big creamy sugary cake balls? How it melts in your mouth." He groans. "Mmmm yum..."

My face got hot. "I'm not gay! The kiss was...."

"Imoto...sorry.." His face went serious.

"For?"

"That whole kiss. I just thought you wanted one..."

"What makes you think that?"

"My heart wanted it, and I figured yours did too.."

I felt sad in my chest. I didn't know why.

"Imoto, you make me really happy. The way you freak out, the way you hang out with me, and how you don't treat me any differently from anyone." He smiled.

"You're my friend. Of course." I felt those were the wrong words to say, but I couldn't wrap my mind around a guy liking me in that way.

"Imoto, I really like you like you..."

Oh world...help me...

End