•Chapter One•

Sirens blared down the street. Police cars were driving toward my house, blue and red lights flashing brightly. A helicopter could even be heard in the distance. I sat in the middle of my room, gripping my hair in terror, my eyes wide. I was the reason there were cops coming. I had done something that I never realized I could. Something horrible.

~Thirty Minutes Earlier~

"Sasha! Stop right there, young lady!!" My mom screeched at me as i walked toward the stairs. I turned around, a scowl on my face. "Where the hell were you, missy?! It's almost six-thirty in the morning! You've been gone all night and your father and I have been worried sick about you!!"

I clenched my fists and spoke through my gritted teeth, "I can't tell you, mom. And my name isn't Sasha, got it? It's Taryn." With that, I started to walk up the stairs again. But my arm was gripped rather hard by my mom. I whipped around and shoved her off of me, probably using more strength than I should have, before running up the stairs to my room and slamming the door. I locked it and backed away.

"OPEN THIS DOOR, NOW!" My dad's voice boomed from the other side of the door. "NOW, SASHA!!"

I shook my head, gripping my hair in anger. Sasha wasn't my name anymore! I'm never going by that name again! I sat in the middle of my room and tried calming down, breathing in and out.

"I'M CALLING THE COPS!"

"OPEN THE DAMNED DOOR, YOU CONCEITED BRAT!!"

"Don't worry, James. The police will handle her when they get here." I heard my mom say from right outside my door. "YOU HEAR THAT, SASHA?"

That was enough. All the anger and hate I was feeling snapped at that moment. I let out an ear-piercing shriek and everything just exploded in bright light. Screams were heard from outside my door but I ignored it. I hugged my knees and closed my eyes, hoping everything would be over. Five minutes later, when all I heard was silence, I slowly opened my eyes.

And I couldn't believe what had happened.

Everything in my room was covered in ice. There were holes in my windows and roof where huge icicles had stabbed through. The walls were obliterated. I turned around to my door and saw it was destroyed; it looked like Swiss cheese. Panic suddenly filled my head. My parents. But I couldn't move. I was terrified of what I had done. Of course, I knew I had the powers of ice and water manipulation. But I didn't know this could happen.

I looked down at my hands and saw ice creeping up along my arms in swirling patterns, almost like tattoos. How did I not notice that before? Too frightened to move, I just sat there, hugging my knees, crying into my folded arms.

Then I heard sirens down the street. I looked up and saw lights flashing not too far off. My hands went to my head and I started gripping my hair in terror. What was I gonna do? Run? To where?

"Calm now, child. Everything will be alright." I heard a voice speak, softly, soothingly. Inside my head. You may not believe this, but in that moment, everything froze. Not like my house. But as in, froze in time. The sirens stopped, the lights paused, people who were running down the street no longer were. "You're safe now, my dear. Do not be alarmed. I'm not here to harm you."

I backed away from wherever the voice was coming from, "No!" In my panic, I backed into someone. I looked up and saw a bald man sitting in a wheel chair. Next to him was a woman with really bright red hair and matching lipstick. "W-who are y-you?"

"My name is Charles Xavier. And this is Jean Grey. We are here to help. What is your name?" The bald man's mouth didn't move, except when he smiled after speaking through my mind. He had eye crinkles when he smiled.

I stumbled across my words, "I'm S-sash...Taryn. I'm Taryn."

Then the red-haired lady, Jean, knelt down to me and placed a gentle hand on my cheek, "It's okay, now, Taryn. We're here to take you to a place where you'll be safe. And no, before you think anything bad, we are not with the government. We are actually just like you. Mutants. And I can read your thoughts." I grinned rather wide and Jean helped me stand up. Mr. Xavier held out his hand to me, the smile from before still present. I hesitated at first, but Jean nodded at me, as if to say it was okay, and I took Charles' hand.

Should I have gone with them? Or should I have run away? Guess I can't change my mind now.

((YEY. Chapter one is here cx I have up to chapter eleven already typed up, since I've been working on this for weeks. I'm still writing my Sasuke and Sakura fanfic, don't worry c: I'm kind of going back and forth between these two so I'll be updating both. That's all for now. 'Till the next chapter~!))