Chapter 2: Touch and Go

"What is this?" I ask Jay, staring at all the boxes of pads placed out on the bed before me. "Did you buy all that was in stock? These will last me months."

"You said you were starting today. I didn't know which one to get. I was kind of out of my depth, so I just got every type and every brand," he explains, sheepish, his cheeks tingeing the slightest shade of pink. "It was embarrassing when I left the store with a shopping cart filled with them. People stopped to stare."

I laugh, amused. These are the kind of days that I live for. "Oh, JJ," I giggle, burying my head in my hands, "I just love you."

He glowers down at me, barely hiding a smile. "It's not funny. A thirteen-year-old girl saw me struggling and offered to help me out. It doesn't get any worse than that."

I curl into a ball, unable to stop laughing at him. The lengths that he will go to for me is as hilarious as it is adorable.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me once I stop laughing. "I bought painkillers too." He holds up the bottle of pills. "Also, you need to take your next dose of medicine," he reminds me.

I bite back a smile. "You know that you're going to have to hold me down and force me to take that disgusting medicine, right?" I ask him in all seriousness.

"I do," he answers knowingly.

*~*~*~**~*~*~*

"I just told you the greatest news of my life, Law. Why aren't you saying anything?" Laiken asks over the phone. When I continue to remain silent, he realizes why I'm not responding. "Is this 'cause I didn't say goodbye to you in person?"

"Yes, Laiken! That's exactly the reason!" I shout, erupting like a volcano. "You're a lousy friend!" I took offense when he lift without so much as 'bye, have a nice life'.

"Oh my word. You are such a baby," he mocks me. "It's ridiculous."

"You're face is a ridiculous baby!" I hiss back at him, furious.

"Fine." He sighs, giving in. "I'm sorry, m'kay?"

"You should be. You missed seeing Jay propose to me," I tell him angrily.

"Zac told us. It only took Jay a century of liking you until he finally manned up. Congratulations nonetheless," he replies, clearly uninterested in my life. All he wants to do is talk about is his life. "Mase says congratulations too."

"Tell Mase, my true friend, that I say thanks. Also, you missed seeing me be pregnant," I add, trying to make him envious of not being here with all of us.

He immediately scoffs in disbelief. "You're not pregnant, Aqueela."

"I could be!" I huff in a temper.

"Also, it's not something I want to see," he concludes firmly. I open my mouth to ask why but he continues speaking. "And before you ask why, it's because you'll be even more feisty than you're being right now."

"You're so lucky I'm not in New York right or I would have come into your office and made a scene. By that, I mean I would have murdered you!" I yell at him, frustrated with his lack of sympathy and regret.

Jay arches a brow at me as he slowly walks on by. I change my expression and send him a polite smile, assuring him that I'm still innocent. He grins and shakes his head before leaving the house to go and play fetch with Slobs.

"Are you PMSing or something? Is that why you're acting crazier than usual?" Laiken asks loudly, uncaring.

"You don't ask a girl that, moron!" I hear Mase shout from the background.