Chapter 46: Soaring to the Surface

Jay finally places me back down to the ground, snapping out of his elated fog. "I don't want you to have second thoughts about this. I don't want to influence you. Maybe you should take some time to first think this through, Aqueela."

"I already have, and I won't be changing my mind," I assure him with conviction. I don't want him to be insecure anymore.

Buoyant with joy at hearing my fierce answer, he bends down to kiss me passionately.

But he pulls away all too quickly to have his say, "I'm not choosing racing over you. This isn't me choosing racing over you."

I nod. "I know."

"You will always be the most important part of me," he says, doing his best to make sure that I get it.

"Samezies," I hum cheerfully. "You're my entire life."

He grins so brightly, content and at peace. Refusing to let me go and unable to stop smiling, he kisses me deeply a second time. I feel his emotions bubbling through him and soaring to the surface as I kiss him back, all the while giving in to his exhilaration that seems to be washing over me – it's contagious and addictive and beautiful and I never want him to be anything but happy ever again.

I place my hand on his chest and push back lightly when he doesn't let up. "I need to breathe," I tell him gently, a smile adorning my face when he frowns.

After all this time, I'm still not used to being treasured and loved in such a selfless and pure way. I never thought I'd ever have this. Jay is my real-life prince and knight in shining armor. He makes my reality feel like a never-ending fairytale.

*~**~*

Hey :)

If you'd like to read the rest of this chapter now, head over to Radish :D The complete chapter is up on Radish under 'Fast Forward' & written by CJ_Adler. I'll upload the full chapter on Wattpad in 12 months from now.

~ CJ