Animals in Laboratories.

This is all copy + paste from www.peta.org so I don't take any of this credit. 

Imagine living inside a locked closet without any control over any aspect of your life. You can't choose when and what you eat, how you will spend your time, whether or not you will have a partner and children, or who that partner will be. You can't even decide when the lights go on and off.

Think about spending your entire life like this, a prisoner, even though you have committed no crime. This is life for an. It is deprivation, isolation, and misery.

On top of the deprivation, there are the experiments. U.S. law allows animals to be burned, shocked, poisoned, isolated, starved, drowned, addicted to drugs, and brain-damaged. No experiment, no matter how painful or trivial, is prohibited – and pain-killers are not required. Even when alternatives to the use of animals are available, the law does not require that they be used—and often they aren't.

Animals are infected with diseases that they would never normally contract, tiny mice grow tumors as large as their own bodies, kittens are purposely blinded, rats are made to suffer seizures, and primates' skulls are cut open and electrodes are implanted in them. Experimenters force-feed chemicals to animals, conduct repeated surgeries on them, implant wires in their brains, crush their spines, and much more.

After enduring these terrifying, painful procedures, animals are then usually dumped back into a cage without any painkillers. Video footage from inside laboratories shows animals who cower in fear every time someone walks by their cages. They don't know if they will be dragged from their prison cells for an injection, blood withdrawal, a painful procedure, surgery, or death. Often they see other animals killed right in front of them.

No animals are safe from experimentation—primates, dogs, cats, rats, mice, rabbits, pigs, fish and hamsters, and are just a few of the animals who are routinely used in these tests.

Why are millions of animals STILL suffering in laboratories? There's no justifiable reason. Companies do not need to torture animals in order to test mascara, shampoo, detergent, or other household products. Scientists do not have to torment monkeys in order to cure a disease. Educators do not need to buy fetal pigs to teach students physiology.

There are easy ways to lend your voice to animals suffering in experiments, and together we can stop animal testing. Here are seven ways you can help them .

1. Always buy cruelty-free products.

Cruelty-free cosmetics and household products abound. If you aren't sure whether or not your favorite brands drip chemicals into rabbits' eyes, . There have been a number of advancements in , so there's no excuse for sick and twisted experiments on animals. Also, you can order , which is great to hand out to friends, family, local salons, spas, and hotels.

2. Educate others.

Don't leave people in the dark about the horrors of the animal experimentation industry. Knowledge is power, so educate them by sharing PETA's "" video. so that if any questions arise, you'll be the best animal defender you can be.

3. Help stop cosmetics testing in the United States!

Let decision makers know that you're against testing on animals and that you support a ban on cosmetics testing on animals. , so you just need to add your name and click that "Take Action" button. It's really that easy.

4. Always speak up about classroom dissection.

If someone you know is asked to cut up an animal in a class, encourage him or her to say NO! Humane, more cost-effective, and superior are available, and . If an educator gives him or her a hard time, . We're pretty good at standing up for animals!

5. Make a donation.

Lots of charities ask for money and say they're working on a cure for a disease. However, behind the scenes, that money could be contributing to immense suffering. If you have money to give, make certain you only donate to that don't fund or conduct experiments on animals.

6. Leave your body to science.

Speaking of donating, consider to help scientists, doctors, and medical students advance their research and training without hurting animals. You won't have any use for it, and wouldn't it be lovely to know that even after you're gone, you can still help animals? PETA President Ingrid Newkirk thinks so, and

7. Share this page.

Imagine the impact if all your friends and family did everything on this page. By sharing this information on , , and other social media sites, you'll have the potential to reach thousands of people and help stop animal testing! Let's make that dream a reality. So please, for the animals, share this page using the buttons below.

Thank you for reading and thank you, PETA, for providing this information.