7- Death

[A/N]: I'm back from the dead, once again! This is Ambrogio's new profile, which matches up with the one I introduced in Restless in Hiding. Also, this has not been edited, yet. 

Ambrogio's POV

Soon enough, a team was assembled, which consisted of Kasey, Maddox, and I. The rest of the group from the initial meeting stayed behind due to responsibilities like Kaspar looking after the pack and Elian going back to his realm to keep the Fae and Seelie Court in order.

"All packed for the flight?" Elian quietly asked.

I nodded and looked up from the small duffel bag. Elian's wings were fluttering slightly to keep him elevated from the floor, but the way they fluttered would sometimes evoke emotions. By being very familiar with his presence, I could tell he was anxious by the way his wings fluttered. It was a quick and small flutter, but it was quiet.

I offered a small smile and said, "Elian, I will bring him home, I swear to you. There's not a day that goes by that I don't picture him here. I see him standing by your side, protecting your very well-being. I see him soaring to the trees with a giggling Declan in his arms. I see him lying in bed, sleeping with a peaceful aura surrounding him."

Elian's eyes were welling with tears, but they dared not to fall. He flew right into me with his arms wrapping around my neck and emitted a small laugh.

"I have so much faith in you, I am just an emotional wreck most of the time."

"Ain't that the truth!" Kasey said from the doorway while laughing.

Elian released me from the hug to cross his arms and offer the meanest glare he could muster up, but in reality ended up looking like a cute puppy trying to be tough.

"Oh yeah? Well, it is just your luck that you are going on this mission and not Kaspar," Elian stated with a smirk.

"How am I lucky?" Kasey asked.

Elian flew really close to Kasey and whispered in his ear, "Trust me, you are pretty lucky enough to miss out on all of the alpha loving that will ensue."

With a quick growl, Kasey reached out to get a hold of Elian but was too slow for the sly Fae.

As Elian flew down the hall, his laughter went with him. Kasey shook his head with a fond smile and then turned to me.

"Ready?"

I raised my eyebrows in response to the scene before me and gave a quick nod.

"Great, let's get moving."

<<<>>>

As I settled on the plane, there was a burst of emotion that erupted from within. It was filled with need, desperation, and sadness. Before going into shock, I tried to grasp one of the emotions and use it as an anchor to keep my mental state grounded.

With closed eyes, everything around me faded away, including reality.

I simply pictured my being floating in a white room and suddenly one sense became so clear: the sense of hearing.

While honing in on the possible sounds that could be heard, I almost lost the anchor of emotion when I heard the faintest whisper of my name.

"Ambrogio?"

It was a whisper that I would recognize anywhere. As my eyes slowly fluttered open, scared that I would see the back of another plane seat in front of me, I was greatly surprised.

I was now floating upright in a new room with sight of my mate in front of me. He was sitting in the center of his bed with his legs crossed and eyes closed. His long, beautiful blonde hair framed his delicate and sunken face. I was taken back by his presence that I forgot to respond to his call.