5- Newfound Purpose

[A/N]: Picture is of Ambrogio. Hopefully this means I'm back in the game again for the summer. Please comment, really helps see where I should go with the story. Plus, it makes me smile. :)

<<<>>>

Ambrogio's POV

As I furiously run my hands through my hair, I can't seem to stop overthinking about everything and anything all at once. I've taken a seat right outside of the meeting room where one is going to take place in a matter of minutes or so. Hopefully, this meeting with the Alphas, Elian, and any other individuals that are focused on this mission will offer new clues to come to the surface.

For the past week since I've been a guest in the Celestial Hala packhouse, nonstop memories of the vivid dreams that were about Nikolai have been invading my mind. Sometimes, I never want to stop reliving such nightmares because I am at least able to have a small glimpse of Nikolai. His cries and whimpers pain me but they also fuel the drive within me to continue to work towards discovering where he is currently kept captive. I only hope that once I find him, he will approach me with open arms.

"Ready for the meeting?"

I was startled out of my own thoughts by a soft voice that belonged to Zane. He was a petite male, with caramel-colored skin and dark, brown eyes. As a former Luna of Lacus Pack, he was greatly respected with the amount of pain and mental exhaustion that he has so courageously undergone within his short period time of living. Having been wrongly mistreated by his mate, Stefan, and experience the fires of his old pack grounds must have been too much for one to bear alone. Stefan had fled when he was going to be held on trial for his actions, leaving Zane mateless on a physical level but not a spiritual level.

His widened eyes held concern as I nodded. As I stood up, I held open the door to the room for Zane and walked in afterwards. Instead of choosing a seat, I chose to stand near the windows of the room, gazing out into the serene scenery of the pack grounds. Just as I was about to make polite conversation with Zane, he took a seat around the table and the rest of the presumed crew began to walk into the meeting room. Elian had decided to take a seat next to Zane and the Alphas chose to stand at the head of the table. Other individuals, such as Arvel, the Beta, gravitated towards the food platter while the Warrior wolf, Maddox grinned and followed along. Finally, the keeper of the supernatural history for the pack, Jasper, seemed to be drawn towards standing near Zane.

"We are obviously gathered here for one reason. It has been far too long without one of our treasured friends, fellow warriors, and lovers," Kaspar announced with the lovers part targeted towards me.

"We need to re-evaluate our steps and clues, to see if we've missed anything the first time around. There must be something we're missing, because we should have found Nikolai by now. It's been roughly four or five months. I'm done counting the days that go by that I haven't found him," Elian expressed in a sorrow manner.

"I couldn't agree anymore with you, Elian," I agreed before confessing these dreams that I've been having in hopes of being an aid to the investigation.

"With that said, I've been recently having these dreams for the past month or so. More like nightmares, but they all include Nikolai in different situations and settings at times."

Jasper raised his eyebrows with the new information, "Could you point out anything about the surroundings? Even the littlest detail could be a major step in the right direction."

I reluctantly nodded, not wanting anyone to know about these visions other than myself.

"Well, in the most recent dream, I was in a room and glanced around before focusing on Nikolai on the bed. Actually, on the table by his bed, there were these flowers that I had never seen before."