6- Need for Action

[A/N]: It's been so long, I have no words. Other than, let's do this thing.

Nikolai's POV

"He is clearly not healthy enough for anything you may have planned for him in the coming days," Raven spoke in a hushed tone on the other side of the bedroom door.

"Make him ready! This step in the mating process was supposed to already have been done by now!"

"With all of the physical punishments that you have inflicted upon his body, I highly suggest that we allow him to heal. Besides, Lord Aeron, wouldn't you rather complete the mating process with a mate that has a figure that is in good shape?"

Aeron sighed loudly, "I suppose there is truth to that statement. I am willingly to postpone this matter for a week."

"A week?!"

"Is there a problem, maid?"

"No, sir."

"Very well."

Good shape? I am simply lying in bed right now and spurts of aching spasms are felt. If I were ever to be in good shape, I wouldn't count on it any time soon, especially not in a week. Perhaps, just maybe, my body would recover from its physical marks in time but mentally and emotionally, I am simply coasting right now. Gliding through the space of time, as seconds turn to minutes and so forth, without a thought as to how to be productive or ponder over the endless possibilities of rescue.

The bedroom door opened and footsteps approached my side of the bed, where I laid in pain. My eyes closed shut, as I attempted to give the impression that I have been sleeping. I heard a quiet exhale of breath in front of me as Raven's light hand tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

I peeked through my eyelids, acting as if I had just been waking up for the first time this morning.

"Raven?"

She stood over me, with a small smile, "Hi there, feeling any better?"

I forced a smile as I lied and nodded my head. She had been referring to the torn stripes of flesh on my back, created by the infamous whip or anything else. Since Aeron's last attempt of completing the mating process, which had failed horribly, he has not had the chance to try again. Instead, he's had many chances to continue to torment me for the most arbitrary reasons. I clenched my teeth as the most recent punishment unwillingly flooded through my mind.

Only the sounds of metal momentarily clashing against the glass plating could be heard as I sat directly across Aeron in a great dining hall. I hardly wanted to be present at dinner, as I have been having my dinners sent to my room to minimize the contact I have with this brute of a person.

"How are you enjoying the main course?"

I stared at the meal beneath me, then glanced up at Aeron and muttered, "It's fine."

He scoffed, "Just fine?"

"Fine."

Being the immature Fae between the two of us, he rolled his eyes, "Don't be a brat."

"I wouldn't have to be if I weren't kept here against my will," I mumbled but he had picked up exactly what I said.

"You will not speak to me like this, I forbid it."

"Try me," I narrowed my eyes in retaliation.

Perhaps, there are times when I could censor myself to prevent punishments from taking place. That night had resulted in Aeron slamming a glass into the wall and having the pieces pressed into long lines onto my back. If I had to choose which was worse, the whip or shards of glass, I'm not particularly sure I'd have an answer.